Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Power hour. Totally different with a baby in the the ute.

Things are falling in to place. Life is getting more organized.

The baby shower has been rescheduled for Saturday, December 21st. I told a few friends and as I expected a couple have already told me they can't make the date change. I'm relieved it'll still work out to have one and will be looking forward to the new date! Please God, no winter weather crap that day. 

I cleaned the house a little today. *GASP* I also wrote a full "nesting list" of all the cleaning that needs to get done before the baby. I'll chip away at that over the next month.

My mom and brother brought over PF Changs for lunch. Oh to have a family member with 4 wheel drive who feeds me on a snow day! SO much nicer than the cereal I was planning on eating. 

And here's what's on the baby agenda... Watch how we do a power week...

THURSDAY: doctor's appointment to see little H, baptism class
SATURDAY: 4.5 hour childbirth class
SUNDAY: 4.5 hour childbirth class
MONDAY: Childcare class (this is the one I'm most excited for - hello first time mom who needs to learn this stuff!)
TUESDAY: orientation with a pediatric practice 

By the time I hit the 33 week mark next Thursday we'll have checked a lot off our to do list.

Then after the shower, we'll be laundering things and assembling baby stuff like its our jobs! 

Oh, and I'm not ready for Christmas. So once this junk outside melts, I gotta do some shopping.

On a total pregnant chick note, I actually am getting weepy. I cry pretty easily lately. It kind of sucks. I got a $70 ultrasound bill for ONE ultrasound (after thinking I wouldn't be billed for the crazy number of ultrasounds I've had - these bills are going to get scary), and I bawled. You would've thought they charged me thousands. Brian, who is the one who always stresses about money, was actually comforting me. Then I went on a rant about how regular women are so stupid when they talk about babies being expensive. This kid will already have the price tag of a fucking range rover the second it even exits the birth canal. Diapers are expensive my ass. 

Hopefully today's weepiness is behind me. Until some sentimental holiday commercial comes on, and then I'm screwed. 

But I'm not stressed about organization! Because shit is about to get real! 

Look forward to many blogs about all the new stuff I'm going to learn :)



No comments:

Post a Comment