Friday, December 13, 2013

Baptism class.

So we checked our first class off our list last night! Granted, it will likely be the easiest and definitely the shortest. 

Baptism class was a little over an hour, and it was just learning the meaning and learning the logistics. 

Brian was bored out of his skull watching the baptism video. Meanwhile, crazy pregnant lady over here is trying not get tears during it. But I knew when I was watching the babies be baptized on the video that we were making the right decision. I didn't realize that it mattered to me as much as it did until I saw the little ones being welcomed in to the church. 

They said we could pick the date already but I'm not doing that yet. Though I'm thinking late April or some time in May. We have godparents in mind but have to ask them. One has to be a practicing Catholic and the other doesn't have to be practicing but must be the opposite gender from said Christian witness. After we ask them and after Hartley is born, we'll figure out a date. I'm not entirely sure what to do about the reception as our house doesn't fit many, so I will likely be asking my parents for use of their house. And I'm not entirely sure about making a big deal out of it but I think extended family would be invited? Which is huge. But my friends invited their extended families. Brian has 1 aunt but of course I have 7 aunts, 6 uncles, not to mention my 15 cousins and their significant others. I don't even know about inviting friends, I think I'd opt not to? Or maybe just invite the friends who we attended their children's baptisms?

This is the last thing I'm really thinking about but it feels great to have it checked off our list. We attended class, paid ten bucks for our baptism candle and bib, and just have to call whenever we're ready to schedule it. Boom. One less thing.

Today is a day off from baby things but tomorrow we jump full speed ahead into the birth class. I'm gonna need a coffee for sitting and listening for 4.5 hours...

Today's Hartley update: it's all about movement. I'm feeling hiccups low and kicks high. She was a wild woman at 4:45 this morning so I just laid there loving it. Feeling her thump around in there is so comforting, and it makes me feel so connected with her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment