Thursday, December 12, 2013

32 weeks.

Us gals at 32 weeks:



How far along? 32 weeks. Can you believe it?!
Total weight gain: 11 pounds (this gets crazier when you hear how big H is) 
Maternity clothes? Yes. And the top photo I'm in my favorite maternity sweater - so cozy.
Stretch marks? Yep.
Best moment of the week? Seeing our sweet girl today and hearing how everything looks normal. She looks healthy and perfect!
Miss anything? Alcohol. Not being fragile - though Brian was great at helping me in the car while I dodged ice patches. Being able to put on boots with ease.
Movement? Yep. She's a mover and a shaker... And I just started feeling her hiccups! The doctor said hiccups are a sign of a very healthy baby.
Food cravings? No real cravings to note
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!
Have you started to show? Oh yes! See photo above :) though people stroke my ego and tell me how good I look. Most people tell me I still look pretty small, which is nice to hear. 
Gender: girl. Every ultrasound I hear, "well there's no denying she's definitely a girl".
Belly button in or out? In... For now.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. And I have a feeling it might be a while before I pop my engagement ring back on. I've heard high set diamonds can scratch little babes so I might just sport my wedding ring for a while after birth.
Happy or Moody? Let me tell you - today is the happiest day of my pregnancy. Hearing how healthy Hartley looks was music to my ears. So so happy right now!
Looking forward to: the baby shower! And this is greedy, I'm looking forward to getting some awesome stuff at the shower. I have been amazing during this pregnancy, truly I've hardly bought anything clothes/blankets/toys/gear wise. So if Hartley came tomorrow, I would have onesies and a few days worth of disposable diapers donated to us from a friend. That's it! So I'm excited to get more prepared and get to be the mama to be showered with love and gifts.

Today's appointment was perfect. They said out of eight things they tested, Hartley did well on all eight. She is looking perfectly healthy. She is estimated to be 4 pounds, 7 ounces - which is in the 80th percentile. My mom had big babies, and I married a big guy - so literally everyone I talked to about this stuff had predicted a big baby from the moment I announced I was pregnant. IVF babies might be notoriously small but not this one!

She is head down. Head is low, snug against the birth canal. When I felt how low during the internal ultrasound, it was pretty weird! She is sprouting some hair already (yay! That's from dad - I was a bald baby!). She was showing off - practicing using her lungs and being an active little sweetie. 

They turned on the 3D ultrasound, and I was curious to see if Brian thought she looked like someone. When we left the room he told me, "she looks like you!" Who knows what'll happen to those features between now and arrival time but after seeing her in there, I'm positive they put in the correct embryo!! 

I think she'll have dark hair for some reason. But my friend told me she dreamt Hartley was blonde. 

Big, healthy, active, and cute to boot - I feel so lucky and so blessed. I seriously can't wait to meet her.

I am terrified of labor. I've heard so many horror stories. Plus, relying on my body is not my forte. So hopefully this weekend helps to ease those fears a little bit.

Whew, I'm telling myself 8 weeks is a long time so I have more time to get ready. But Brian is one excited papa to be because he gets all giddy when he talks about how close it is. 

Can HARTLEY wait! 





No comments:

Post a Comment