Saturday, December 21, 2013

33 weeks, 2 days

Today is Baby Shower Day! I'm very, very excited for it. Brian says I'm more excited this go around. The truth is - I am. Last time the thought of no one coming or asking people to drive through nasty, dangerous weather was pretty depressing. Today is supposed to be gorgeous weather. And the people coming from further distances (Maryland! Haymarket!) can make it. Everyone invited to this shower is important to us but it means a very, very great deal to me that my grandmother, aunts, and a few women who've known me literally my entire life will be there. And last time I couldn't ask them to brave the beltway in dangerous conditions. Side bar: it is pretty amazing, while only one of my grandmas can attend, that Hartley will get to meet both her great grandmothers on my side. 

This day has been a very long time coming. Not only the 33 weeks of pregnancy I have under my belt, but all the time we spent working on this baby. I used to go to showers as an infertile, get a little sad and come home and cry to Brian, how come I couldn't have one. And here we are, I'm 7.5 months pregnant with our daughter, and I am having a baby shower. 

I'm also oddly nervous. Something a lot of my friends don't know about me is I am actually an introvert. I get a little nervous in big groups of people and get really nervous when something centers around me. At bridal showers, I had a little liquid courage to take the edge off but not today! I'm pretty sure at one point I'll get teary too - pregnancy and any sweet gestures from people usually equals me being a pile of mush. 

I didn't do my 33 week update. I will try to before the week is up :)

Yesterday I was too busy getting pampered. I (best esthetician I know) gave myself a nice long, detailed facial, got a massage, and got my nails done. I purposely saved a red door gift card for this uncomfortable point in pregnancy, and let me tell you, prenatal massages are the best. Better than chocolate, better than sex - the best thing ever.

Brian ran out to the grocery store to buy me some creamer, and he'll make us breakfast. I love being princess, even if only for a day or two! And I have to savor this because soon I'll have to return to sore, uncomfortable, exhausted Pregnant Town, USA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment