Monday, December 16, 2013

32 weeks, 4 days.

So Brian and I had child birth class on Saturday and Sunday. Neither of us were that excited to spend 4+ hours in a classroom on both weekend afternoons. But we knew it was something we should do. We were both pleasantly surprised though - the speakers were great and we learned so much. 

I'm not afraid of my first time mom status. All moms are a first time mom once, and we all have to venture into a new realm that we start out knowing nothing about!

They covered so much! We took a tour of the hospital, learned the anatomy and stages of labor, learned breathing techniques and learned birthing options from no drugs to c sections. They covered complications and what they do to handle them. We learned how to diaper a baby and learned breast feeding basics. We had pediatrician guest speakers who talked about baby basics and what questions to ask when interviewing a pediatrician. We learned what to pack in our hospital bag, and how dad can help from pregnancy to helping with the baby. They made the dads to be massage the mamas to be during class! We learned countless small tips and tricks. Best $130 parents to be can spend; I highly recommend it to any first time parents to be. 

Tonight we'll attend our baby basics class. I'm thinking some will be repeat but repetition is awesome for learning. 

But I won't lie, I'm really tired and would rather lounge around drinking a hot tea and watching Elf. 

This week is so busy, and I just want to stay in bed lately. Yeah, I'm now tired for real third trimester reasons. It's not hormonal fluctuations, morning sickness or anemia - it's good old fashioned being too big to get comfy at night and getting worn out quickly during the day. 

Last night I woke up at 3 am and flipped and flopped trying to get comfortable. I had taken Benadryl the last 2 nights so I was going to tough it out. Well at 5 am I caved and took one. It worked. I woke up  at 9, sore because the pillow had slipped from between my legs while I was sleeping. I wanted to eat French toast and drink real coffee, so I did. Then I had to bring something to Brian, his gift for his work's white elephant exchange that he forgot at home. Ugh, eating something super buttery and sugary and drinking caffeine then getting in the car... STUPID. He was thankful when I pulled in. It seemed like he was going to even give me a thank you hug but I told him I couldn't stay for even a minute. I had to find a bathroom. Well, thank god for private Starbucks bathrooms. 

So now I feel drained, trying to stay hydrated. I feel tired. I feel sore. And I have so much to do. 

I think I'm going to try to power through life through Thursday. Then I think if I get all my stuff done, I'm going to treat myself to a Page day on Friday. I have been saving a spa gift card for when I get really uncomfortable, and I'm ready to use it Friday :)

Everything has been kind of weird lately. I'm big and tired. I've been having the tummy trouble I alluded to earlier for a few days now. I'm eager to have the shower so I can really get ready for the baby. I still have to buy some Christmas presents. Brian has been under a lot of stress since work has been so busy. It definitely affects his mood when he's home. And I don't have the energy to balance it out. He's already told me he'll have work to do over the holidays but I'm planning a couple date nights. We can't be this worn out before the baby even comes!

And it's tough, I'm feeling like I need a little extra love right now and feeling like he doesn't have the time or patience to give it to me. Thank God for Christmas break. 

I'm hoping we can be productive, romantic, and social - not only with family things but actually see some friends too! Our calendar looks crammed so the rule in the house these days are to make no additional plans, and definitely not without consulting each other. 

Ok, time drink my Gatorade and ask Santa for some better sleep and more energy. 

Oh, and not this can be helped because both are out of my control but being a short bodied woman with a bigger baby - I'm not a fan. A little scared if she stays on this path and goes to 40 weeks to be the 9 pounder projected. 7ish pounds sounds better, Santa :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment