Friday, January 31, 2014

The last bit of us time

It's funny. I don't like to think too much about it being my last bit of time that's just Brian and I. It makes me cry and makes me realize that our relationship will be changing. 

By no means have we been robbed of "just the two of us time". We met in November 2006, so it's been over 7 years of childless time, which not everyone gets. But it seems so final. Which is silly because we have the worlds best baby sitters available - my parents. And when she's a little older, I'm happy to fund the neighborhood girls' mall trips by hiring them to baby sit miss h. 

I thought this last bit I'd want to squeeze in all these activities. But the truth is I'm pretty tired, and I really just want to curl up on the couch with him.

Last night he sat on the toilet seat talking to me while I took a bubble bath. That's not remotely special, not like some fancy dinner or exotic vacation, but that's what I'll miss. Our ordinary "just being together".

I'm scared to become "just a mom" or him "just a dad". So I need to cherish this last bit but make an effort to remember our wife/husband roles should not be lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment