Sunday, January 12, 2014

So apparently this isn't a one day thing...

So on Friday I was like, "pneumonia, whatever, no big deal." Yesterday I woke up and thought the same. So Brian and I were quick to get to work on errands. Well all of a sudden, we're in Target, our cart with last minute baby things and some stuff for dinner, and I realize I don't feel well. I feel dizzy and exhausted. I found a bench, Brian checked out, and I got in to bed as soon as we got home. I fell asleep and woke up feeling even worse.

The cold like symptoms really aren't that bad. It's the achey, weak, light headedness that is killing me. I feel like someone drained the life out of me.  It really only feels good to be laying in bed, chugging tea. And I HATE it. It's nice out today. Well, nice enough for a bundled up walk or being out enjoying this weekend. And our last weekends without baby are extremely numbered. But I'm in bed sick.

Brian is chugging along getting everything done. He put together the video monitor, hung nursery wall art, installed the car seat, bought groceries and is assembling freezer meals. He had a long honey do list and is just checking things off like no one's business and then taking tasks I was leaving for myself. In between things, he's bringing me water, tea and soup. He's done all the cooking this weekend. And I have been useless. 

And guess what I just learned, folks? Pneumonia isn't like a one or two day thing. For healthy young adults they can look forward to 1-2 weeks of recovery! Are you serious? I'm hoping its the same for women who are over 8 months pregnant because I have a baby that will be here in 3 weeks, 5 days at the latest. 

Ugh. 

We see Hartley on Tuesday so I'm really hoping she's faring better than I am. 

Come on, pneumonia. You can exit any time now. We have a girl who needs a mama with energy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment