Thursday, January 9, 2014

36 weeks.

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain? 14 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Of course
Best moment of this week? Officially getting the induction date. When they called and told me the plan, I cried happy tears. I can't believe we are meeting our daughter so soon.
Miss anything? At this tail end, I do miss things but it's kind of crazy how the past few days I've been treasuring this last bit of time with her inside me instead of my usual friending for booze and lunch meat. 
Movement: pretty damn active lately. Still lucky that I enjoy kicks as opposed to other women who find them painful.
Food cravings? No notable cravings.
Anything making you sick or queasy? Nothing notable.
Have you started to show? I'm not even answering this next week :) of course I'm showing. 
Gender: girl
Belly button? Still in
Wedding rings on or off? Off. Will be so weird to start wearing them again - feels like forever since I did.
Happy or moody? Honestly, very happy. Yeah, you feel uncomfortable at this point but it doesn't even hold a candle to the miserable first 20 weeks so I'm enjoying it most of the time!
Looking forward to: I am excited to meet Hartley but I'm also trying to not look forward too much. I'm trying to really savor my last bit with Brian and Winnie. Our lives are about to change forever, I'm really excited about that but I will always treasure time as a family of 3 - just us and our pup :)

Today I looked back on some old blog entries. I loved looking back on entries like finding out I was pregnant and finding out it was a little girl. And I'll always be proud to look at the earliest entries and remembering just how lucky I am to be here. 

You want to hear something totally wild? If my first round of Clomid had worked, I would have been due February 7, 2013. Amazing that Hartley will likely be born on February 7, 2014. Absolutely amazing how the universe works. Seriously universe, a year to the day? I always believed in signs going through treatment. I always thought God was going to hide a clue in my life, I would find it, and it would carry me through. And then he decided to give us a girl in February, when we had already chosen the name Hartley years before. Doctors said we could choose to have her February 10th. The Godfrey Crane birthday parallel. Maybe I look for signs. Maybe they comfort me. Or maybe this was a hidden clue, only I was strong enough to be given it after the fact. 

Today I took Winnie for a walk, knowing these walks of just the two of us are numbered. I washed dishes in the sink thinking how it won't be long before I'm scrubbing bottles. I picked up the phone and got an induction date and could hardly believe we were discussing me giving birth.

Surreal.

They told me today I will be checking into Labor and Delivery at 8:30 pm on February 6th. I'll be given Cervidil to soften up my cervix. This should aid in speeding along the labor process. The next morning I'll be given pitocin to induce contractions. And we should be holding baby girl in our arms that day, February 7th. 

I texted my mom to let her know and to make arrangements for Winnie. I'm hoping she's cool with us dropping Winnie off Wednesday night and hopefully we'll be home from the hospital on Sunday for them to return her. God, I'm really going to fucking miss my dog. 

I'm trying to plan out a fun dinner to eat that Thursday before we go. I'm pretty excited if this goes as planned. It means I will have a set day for the house to be in order, my legs to be shaved, and to squeeze in a really nice long shower right before everything starts! My sister said "sleepers" (women who go in at night to begin the induction process) really have it made. And I'm telling myself that first night is going to be like being at a hotel. We'll pack some fun snacks, maybe travel scrabble and a movie on the iPad - and make it as fun as possible. 

Hartley is kicking like a nut right now. I think she's excited too. And who can blame her? She only has the world's most fun parents ever.

4 weeks to go! And we'll have a very special new Valentine this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment