Monday, January 13, 2014

Finished nursery & some goodies (pictures finally!)

Since I'm not feeling awesome I decided to write a fun blog entry to get me all hyped for the 24 days left before Hartley's due date! 

I'm doing this just like how I did the last nursery entry with numbered photos so you can choose to read captions or just look at pictures.

And this is the "bright version" of her nursery. Her other linens are more muted in color so they give the room a softer vibe. But I think this is a really fun version to share. And excuse the fact that I don't own some swanky camera, these are all from my iPhone 4S. So I like to think this looks better in person...

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. 
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.

1. Brian put together the video monitor! Success! Works perfectly. And I bought the adorable little heart bowl at Target ($1.79!) to put odds and ends in, ie pacis, hair bows, whatever.

2. The changing station is complete with a changing pad and a bin for diapers, wipes, etc. We also hung our wet bag to the left for dirty diapers. 

3. The glider/reading corner. I got the adorable wall hanging as a shower gift. The artist who makes them does the most amazing work, and this randomly just worked really well in Hartley's nursery. I usually avoid buying people wall art because its such a matter of personal taste but this worked great! It did mean I had to shuffle around other pieces but everything still fits in the room.

4. The wall with her crib and hamper.

5. Love this. My brother's girlfriend bought me this piece of art from etsy. It is far more gorgeous in person even. I am just so in love with it. I found the frame for 8 bucks at home goods. It was a bit small for such a big wall so I crafted the "sweet Hartley" garland myself to hang over it to give a little extra oomph.

6. The deer hamper. I registered for this with every intention of keeping it in the closet so the room wouldn't be cluttered. Well, it was far too cute to be shoved in a closet. It was one of the few duplicate shower gifts. But I love it so much I kept both. I think one will eventually be used as a toy bin or some other storage.

7. Her closet. Not completely sorted yet but getting there. And no, that's not even her whole closet - it's 2/3 of it. 

8. Toy bin. This has to be kept in her closet so big sister Winnie doesn't tear everything to shreds. And she would. In less than an hour... Easily.

9. Totally a gift my mom would get me - and I love them. One is Hartley's baby book, though age 5! The other is an amazing idea - a calendar to mark her firsts complete with milestone stickers. 

10. ... And I'm my mother's daughter because I had already started her memory box. Stuffed with cards, ultrasound photos, and my "girl" fortune from my fortune cookie. The other box is full of pacifiers. Brian and I are determined to contain baby clutter as much as humanly possible.

11. So this was a very generous Christmas gift from my sister in law and her fiancé. My Kate Spade diaper bag. I love it for many reasons but here are my top two. 1. You can easily use this after the diaper years. It would make a great overnight bag or a great bag for a day out when you've got lots to tote around. 2. I know more than most women my age what a privilege getting to be a mom is, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to not have to look "mommy-like" all the time. Like I've said, some women own the mom hair cut or the use of the word "stinkin" - I am not one of them. I prefer to be me, with an adorable baby to boot. So I love that this bag doesn't scream "I'm a mom".

12. Oh melt my heart I love this. This was a shower gift from my cousin. The sleep sheep. Plays the sweetest sounds to lull baby to relax and sleep. Not to mention, it's adorable. I need one for my room.

13 -15. Outfits! I wish I could post pictures of all of them but these are some favorites. And I'm seriously thinking the one with the bunny ears for her Easter outfit this year. Too cute.

16 & 17. So my friend buys these for her kids, and I think they are so cute. Baby legs - baby leg warmers! They get tons of awesome reviews and are supposed to make diaper changes a breeze. My friend gifted me the heart ones. Perfect for Hartley's first spring. And I had actually bought her Christmas ones... A couple days after learning she was a girl :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment