Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rough days.

So I was thinking of doing a super fun post today - filling it with pictures of all the fun goodies Hartley has gotten. But last night I went to bed feeling gross, woke up exhausted and have been feeling dizzy and weak all day. My body is aching but being so light headed makes me very wary of taking a hot shower to help. I can't seem to get enough water and random hot flashes aren't helping anything. 

Yesterday all I could think about was how grateful I am for our baby. She was being so active. Brian got to feel her showing off. I kept finding myself just gazing down at my big belly just in awe of her. Torn between wanting her to snuggle inside me forever and being so excited to finally meet her. I just felt overwhelming blessed and already so proud to be her mom. Because now, she looks and functions just like a babe in the outside would. That is incredible. I can actually see waves in my belly when moves now, and I know it's her little foot just pushing around my skin, letting me know there's not enough space in her little home.

But today, not feeling well has sadly gotten the best of me. Part of me wants to be able to do better than just dry heave in to my bucket. Part of me wants an IV to hydrate me and painkillers that will allow me to sleep off the next month. And the biggest part of me would just like to fast forward to being able to soak in a hot bath and drink a glass of wine while Brian takes an hour of baby duty :)

My mom once quipped, "pregnancy isn't for wussies."

And today, I kind of feel like a big, fat wussy. And I just want to whine about it. 

I'm a couple days shy of the 36 week mark. And today, I'm pretty done with sharing my body with miss h, no matter how sweet she is! 

Fingers crossed for a smoother day tomorrow. Hey, we have the bad ones to have the good ones, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment