Thursday, January 30, 2014

39 weeks.

How far along: 39 weeks. Fun fact, this is when a woman is considered 9 months pregnant, since 40 weeks is a bit longer than 9 months. 
Total weight gain: 15 pounds
Maternity clothes: yes
Stretch marks: they are out of control, thank goodness I don't have much more growing to do
Best moment of this week: receiving our first freezer meals from friends. You know it can't be long if you're already getting that freezer stocked.
Miss anything: sleeping, bending over, lunch meat (like a really good Italian sub), and alcohol
Movement: good movement, she's strong now
Food cravings? You name it, I want it, and I wanted it 5 minutes ago! Brian is now used to grocery runs for cherry Garcia, heart shaped sugar cookies and Reese's eggs. But I love a good dinner - that someone else cooks!
Anything making you sick or queasy? Overeating
Have you started to show? Um, strangers do the "you're about to pop" and "it's gotta be a big baby" thing so yeah, I'm showing.
Gender? Girl.
Belly button in or out? In. Success! Please stay this way.
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or moody? 90% of the time I am very moody and irritable, and I can't even lie about it. My ability to put up with crap is usually very high but lately the slightest bit of nastiness sets me off. Beware.
Looking forward to: meeting Hartley. I've dreamt of this for a long time and it is so surreal that its about to happen.

I can't believe it's 39 weeks. Feels like yesterday was the day of my dad's retirement party, and I was sneakily taking a pregnancy test while Brian was at the gym. I don't know what people are talking about about pregnancy going slow, it flew. I won't miss it but it did go fast. 

I am nervous and excited. I have days where I cry - worried I won't be good at taking care of a newborn or scared that I won't know what to do. I worry if she'll like me and if we'll form that instant bond that we're supposed to. All I want is to be the best mom off the bat, and that's a lot of pressure! But I have days where I just wish I could have her safe in my arms already, and I get my "Christmas morning" moment with her. 

Today I need to finish my hospital bag, though it sounds like she's waiting until her scheduled induction. And this weekend Brian and I will do a bit of walking so she gets the memo to drop a little!

So how's this for wild:
6 days until Winnie gets dropped off at my parents' house
7 days (just a week!) until we check in to the hospital 
8 days (knock on wood) until we meet our daughter 


No comments:

Post a Comment