Monday, November 4, 2013

Technically the last day of the 2nd trimester.

So I'm counting the 27 week mark (Thursday) as the first day of the third trimester. But if you're a math geek and can figure out how to divide 40 weeks into thirds, you might call tomorrow (26 weeks, 5 days) the beginning of the third trimester.

It has gone so fast; it's truly scary. I feel like I'll blink and be in labor and blink and she'll be graduating. 

People told us, "now that you're pregnant, you'll see how long the 9 month wait is." We'll, we're not at 9 months yet but 6 months flew. Trying to conceive dragged. We didn't know if we'd have a 2011 baby or never get one at all. Once I had that February 2014 to look forward to, everything went crazy fast. 

And little things happen these days that just make it hit me even more. Seeing my baby shower invitation. Watching gifts be purchased off the registry and visitors sign the virtual guest book. I met my friends' gorgeous 6 day old daughter yesterday and when I held her I couldn't stop thinking that I'd be holding my own daughter in only a few months. I've never held a new baby knowing that I'd be getting one!

I had Brian take a fall, 6 month bump picture of me. Every month from here out gets a picture. And we're incorporating my belly in our Christmas card photo. 

Some outfits I think I look huge; some outfits I feel like I still just have a beer gut look. Today's scale reading said I'm up 6 pounds but I feel like its got to be more than that! I've been eating... And eating.

Brian and I were at Target and he just started scooping all these sweet baby girl clothes off the clearance rack. I thought that would be me, and Brian would be dragging his feet. But here's my manly husband surrounded by purple leggings and pink polka dot onesies, just going to town picking out things for Hartley. It completely fills every corner of my heart with love for him and our growing little girl. 

He still hasn't gotten to feel her kick :( It makes me a little sad because here's my guy, reading baby books, regurgitating the facts he's learning, and picking out baby girl clothes, and in true crane style, he has to wait longer than other men. Come on, Miss Hart! Your dad is watching dads and their daughters when we're out for walks and idealizing all the activities you two are going to do together, and you're holding out! 

Brian was watching his friend Colin hold his little girl on Sunday. He said he was watching to learn the best way to hold the baby. He talked about how he loved watching the baby's face, how her expressions were so sweet. He's morphing into a dad.

I'm morphing into a mom but also getting nervous for labor. Getting nervous for what happens to your body afterward and keeping Hartley alive! But I'll soak in the holidays and the baby shower, and worry about that stuff in January :)

The baby is about 80-90% viable (but like I always say, we're not trying out that statistic). Now girlie's organs need to keep maturing and starting to get a little practice. She needs to pack on those pounds. But she's only 10 weeks and 3 days from being full term! Wowza. 

Bring it in third tri! I've heard you're a beast but I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment