Monday, November 18, 2013

Over 70% done with this pregnancy - how the hell did that happen?

Wow, I am 28 weeks, 4 days. That means there are less than 12 weeks until baby's due date. She will be a full term baby in just under two months. Absolutely crazy.

It has hit me like a freight train. This is no longer a dream, and the baby is no longer so far off in the distance that I can't even imagine her getting here. I started panicking a little on Friday. So we did the things that always make me feel better. We went on a dinner date, bought some crafting supplies and a notebook. I crafted. We wrote the third trimester checklist. It started with cleaning tools and extra junk out of the nursery and goes all the way to packing the hospital bag. 

Now,you're thinking, "girlfriend, you aren't working - how are you not ready?" First I say, touché. But to explain myself a little, I won't feel 100% ready until my little nest is perfect. I'm so happy that my dad completely renovated (like gutted and completely redid) Hartley's/the guest bathroom. However, imagine clearing out a bathroom full of medicine and hygiene products and tossing them in your guest room. Then purchase a vanity and toss that in your guest room. The new tub and toilet get thrown in the nursery. Scatter your upstairs hallway in tools. And that's been our upstairs for the past 6 weeks. 

Every time my off balanced pregnant ass would hop over tools, tiles and random construction materials, I decided my only option was to nest when construction was complete.

Well as of Friday, the bathroom is completely done. Completely gorgeous. Ah, beautiful and less stressful. 

So this weekend began the clean up, begin sorting, begin tossing and donating process. 

I can't figure out how to post photos here for the life of me but I am so incredibly in love with how the nursery looks. I know I'm biased but it is the most adorable nursery I have ever seen in my life. I'm just going to say it, I think I've outdone myself. This was something I literally had dreamt of since we began trying to conceive, and though it's not done, it currently exceeds my dream vision. 

We also had some maternity/fall/early Christmas photos taken this weekend. My friend Erin did them for us, and she did a beautiful job. I love that we have these memories in the form of lovely photos and even a little video. I already have picked one for the Christmas card. I've picked another to print for Hartley's room. 

Yesterday I helped my mom order stuff off my registry for my shower gift. I had her get the crib quilt, nice fitted sheet and nice changing pad cover from The Land Of Nod. Since I did opt to get Hartley some nice/more expensive linens I felt like a snob asking for them from my shower guests. She also bought us the crib mattress. A very nice gift of all things I really wanted and a crib mattress which we obviously really needed. And so many people have bought so many amazing things off the registry. I can't believe how much everyone is spoiling this little girl already! 

I see Hartley again in 8 days. She will likely have surpassed the 3 pound mark by then (I'm guessing she even could by the end of this week). She is no longer "the size of a lemon". She is about 15 inches long, getting close to that 3 pound mark (2 pounds, 10 ounces as of 5 days ago) and looking like a skinny little baby. And let me tell you, this breech little girl is definitely in there. I used to ask Brian, "is she still there?" Let me tell you, when I bend over, when I sit up from laying, when I try to walk really fast - she is definitely in there. And she loves to kick my bladder - loves it. And I look pregnant. If a person can't tell by now, then there might be something wrong with their vision. Both Brian and Winnie love touching the belly. I will be the most awkward pregnant lady ever when I tell you, I 100% do not mind people touching it, I kind of love it. I wish people could feel her kick but for now the kicks are mine and Hartley's little secret. Though I think Winnie has felt a couple! 

This entry has just been random ramble but I will close with the latest third trimester development: insane tiredness. I fall asleep usually between 9:30 and 10, and have been known to sleep until 8. Yes, your favorite insomniac has slept 10 hours a night averaging just one potty break a night. Thank you, third trimester and big baby girl. Don't mind if I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment