Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Loving pregnancy. Really?

So this is going to be in lieu of my 27 week post (27 weeks tomorrow!).

Tomorrow my goal is to not spend time goofing off on my computer. But today is my day of fun so I'm doing it!

Day of fun includes making myself pancakes for breakfast, taking the dogs for a walk with my friend Danielle then going out to lunch together, and tonight going to The Alamo to see Aliens with Brian, my brother and his girlfriend Caroline. Also crazy added bonus, was bumping in to my friend Jill who I had lost touch with over the past couple years! 

Oh and The Alamo? Way to go Ashburn. Not to hate on Ashburn, but I feel like this is the first time they did something spectacular. They just decided to put every other movie theatre in northern Virginia to shame. Boom, Tyson's, you now look like slumming it.

Oh, but what you want to know about is the title. Loving pregnancy. 

So get this, I'm 27 weeks. I'm big. I've got crazy stretch marks. But I FINALLY like pregnancy. I feel so at home in my new body. I am always hungry. Always game for stuffing my face. I haven't thrown up in well over a week. I sleep like you would not believe. I seriously sleep like I'm dead - just put a pillow between my legs and lay me on the bed and I'm done for. My only complaint is that I get a little light headed and dizzy from time to time. I've read that's very typical for this part of pregnancy because the uterus is now so big it's limiting blood flow from the heart to the legs. My simple solution is be lazy and lay around :)

I bought Hartley a couple sweet onesies off the sale rack at baby gap. They look perfect for some snuggling. Oh yes, the two weeks where Brian will be home with us - I've been daydreaming about that. Just hibernating for two weeks and snuggling as a new little family. No sleep but together. 

But I've also been savoring the last bit of couple time we have. Waking up next to my husband, snuggling up close to him and just laying in bed with no baby to tend to. Trail walks together. Baking together. Watching holiday movies together (Thanks, Hallmark channel!) 

Hard to believe later this month we celebrate SEVEN years together. Holy moly. You'd never guess it with the lovey dovey honeymoon vibe going on in our house lately. Our house hasn't had this vibe in quite a while. Maybe it was my husband watching doctors shove wands in my hoohah, getting the "have intercourse tonight" phone call from the nurses, showing us pictures of bloody polyps on my lady parts or a pregnant wife projectile vomiting but we weren't always in a snuggle up with each other mood. I think we both know in a few months the dynamic will never quite be the same so we need to live up our last bit of "just the two of us" time.

I think pregnancy has been on a crazy upswing lately. I know this isn't supposed to last much longer. I've heard the third trimester is the worst. But for this bit... As little or as long as it is... I'm going to enjoy this.

Oh and I'm going to eat! 3 months of crazy eating! Yesterday I even had a craving: ritz crackers with cream cheese and jalapeƱo jelly spread on top. Yum. Tonight I'm eating fried pickles. Poor Brian has to share with me... Hopefully I can be a good sharer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment