Friday, November 29, 2013

30 weeks.

How far along: 30 weeks, 1 day
Weight gain: 10 pounds!
Maternity clothes? Yes, and I make them look good :)
Stretch marks: Yes. But my friend's mom mailed me some Josie Maran Argon Oil to help. Loving that sweet gift.
Best moment of the week: Getting my nails done with my mom.
Miss anything? ALCOHOL. Period. Seriously.
Movement? Kicks are getting strong enough that Brian got to feel her twice. He thought it was very cool. And I'm so happy 30 weeks seemed to be the magic number there.
Food cravings? Everything. My in laws hosted Thanksgiving around lunch time and were completely dumbfounded that we planned on eating a Thanksgiving dinner too (Brian and I visit up to 3 house per holiday, I'm from a BIG family - so we have experience). Thanksgiving dinner I cleared a huge plate with no shame. Fried turkey happens once a year so I made that turkey my bitch.
Anything making you queasy or sick? This week after our ultrasound news I felt nauseous a lot but it was anxiety. 
Have you started to show? Yes.
Gender: girl
Belly button in? Yes
Wedding rings on? Nope, off.
Happy or Moody? Mostly just a little sad, confused, occasionally moody - but getting better
Looking forward to: not entirely sure. I'd say the shower because I am looking forward to it. But more than anything I'm eagerly awaiting our next sonogram. I am still worried about my little one, and nothing will quite be the same until I hear some good news.

Every day gets a little easier since our news on Tuesday. Only 3 days and it's felt like forever. I'm cautiously optimistic. I haven't cried today.

Last night I couldn't sleep to save my life. A combination of being uncomfortable and a racing mind. I thought about Hartley's brain. I thought about finances. I thought about what the next few months were going to be like. I thought about what a big change is happening in our lives. I think being around immediate and extended family/family friends made me realize how much the "family" demographic is going to change. I thought about the fact that I'm going to be the mom and Brian will be the dad in our little family. I thought about how I will be responsible (Brian too - but let's face it, really me) for starting our traditions with our daughter. I thought about how that Thanksgiving would be the last one like it. 

I thought about the pancake tradition I'm going to start with Hartley next year. About how we'll watch the parade and the dog show in our pajamas. I thought about how, when Hartley is old enough, I'm going to convince Brian to trek up to NYC so we can go to the parade, our little fam.

I thought about brains. I thought about how fragile life really is. I thought about the moment H will get here. I thought about how even though there will be a moment of relief to see her safe and healthy, all new worries will start.

My body is changing. The baby is growing. And we're now just less than 10 weeks away from Hartley's due date. She'll actually be a full term, fully baked little baby in just 48 days. That is sinking in too.

I have an urge to speed it up, and sometimes I feel like it can't speed up because there's a lot to still be done. 

Oh Hartley, you have been on my mind non stop lately. I worry about you. I can't wait to meet you. And I love you so much already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment