Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Some relief.

I was so relieved that the doctor called me back today. The radiologist hasn't reviewed the pictures yet but the doctor was very reassuring. She said because Hartley is always breech and this was her first head down sonogram that that could have changed the appearance. The angle could've been a little off. All the good previous scans make them very optimistic. Also her ventricle is only mildly enlarged. And if it doesn't change, she should be born without complications. She said this was nothing my infection caused. It's not my fault. She said I need to wait two weeks to get an accurate scan to disprove this one. So while we're not completely in the clear yet, I feel better. And as always, they're watching me closely.

My mom was also champion of the day. She stepped up like nobody's business. Offering to go to the doctor with me. Offering to go grocery shopping for me. Keeping me entertained all day. She told me she and my dad lost sleep over this last night. And even though they're thinking positive, if anything is wrong, I won't be alone. They'd pitch in and help. She said the news is a relief but we'll all just pray and breath the official sigh of relief in 15 days. It hit me that maybe she really is going to ace the grandma thing. She is the busiest woman ever, and she dropped everything to take care of Hartley and I.

My mother in law seemed really concerned about us going to Thanksgiving. So that was interesting. I guess I had other things on my mind and keep forgetting tomorrow is a holiday. But Brian said he's felt the same way. Hard to think turkey when you're worried about a baby. 

Now I think I can mentally prepare for a holiday. And not be too distracted.

Off to return to some normalcy. Time to think the best and enjoy this extra time with the husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment