Thursday, November 21, 2013

29 weeks.

Last week in the 20's! And for the math geeks - 1 week away from being 75% done. Baby is full term in 8 weeks.

How far along: 29 weeks
Weight gain: 7.5 pounds (doesn't make sense if you saw how many donuts and chocolate crossiants I've been consuming)
Maternity clothes? Yes. I added 4 maternity sweaters to my collection last week as a Christmas gift to myself. Thank goodness for Motherhood Maternity's prices. 4 sweaters and a pair of maternity hose for $120. Still shocked Brian though.
Stretch marks? Yes. But best husband ever says they make us twins, and I love him for that.
Best moment of the week: Anytime I've laid in bed or eaten out. Those are the two things that make me happiest and most comfortable now.
Miss anything? Alcohol. To all the people posting pictures of Christmas cocktails on Facebook, I like your style but I hate you right now.
Movement? Lots of kicks that can't be felt from the outside.
Food cravings: Sweets! Cookies, chocolate, pastries. Today I cut down on it because I've been eating them like nobody's business. But I can't lie, I basically day dream about Christmas cookies non stop.
Anything making you queasy or sick: over eating donuts and some antibiotics I've been taking. But it feels funny to even mention in comparison to the morning sickness from hell!
Have you started to show? Yes.
Gender: sassy little girl
Belly button in? Yes. Please stay that way.
Wedding rings on? Nope. Basically I walk around looking like an unwed mother. 
Happy or moody? Mostly happy.
Looking forward to: seeing her again in just 5 days. Learning her weight update.

29 weeks. I really can't believe it. 

I am on top of the moon almost all the time. Then this little, "uh oh I'm not ready yet" feeling creeps on in. Last Friday, I had a little spaz attack, so Brian and I wrote a checklist. AND started working on it. He changed the outlets in the nursery. They looked pretty awful so there are now new white outlets and new white faceplates. I registered for childbirth and childcare classes. He ordered dreft detergent off amazon so we could wash clothes and linens after the baby shower. We ordered the nursery lamp. Never been so in love with a lamp before. It's a white candlestick floor lamp with a soft pink shade from Target. Target has become a go to place for a lot of the nursery needs. 

He got all the tools and extra junk out of the nursery. I made a cottonball wreath (sounds ugly so this is a time where a picture would be nice so I could prove I'm not crazy).

The crib mattress was delivered yesterday (a gift from my parents since they knew no one wanted to buy us a mattress as a shower gift) so now the basics of the room are taken care of.

I researched how to get pictures up here because I have a million cute ones to share but to be honest, I'm not savvy enough to do it on this iPad.

I have also thought about printing some nursery pictures to bring to the baby shower. Which sounds silly. But here's the reason why as illustrated in conversation form:

Random person: What color is her nursery? What's the theme?
Me: Oh, I think it's really cute. It's blue. There's no real theme - just a very whimsical vibe and the linens and accessories will be all different shades of pink.

Then I get a weird look like I clearly am the worst mother ever for not picking a jungle theme and lugging home a bed in a bag set from my local babies r us. 

Look my parents didn't pay for my art degree for completely nothing, people. (Thank God they didnt just read that) Trust me, I think I know how to decorate a cute nursery. It might not be Pottery Barn Kids or Land of Nod everything but I'm an awesome budget buyer, crafty lady - I got this. 

Well, enough of my random ramblings. It's time for some eggs, turkey bacon, and dunkin coffee. Lucky little girl is actually getting protein instead of straight sugar for breakfast! Then I'm visiting little baby Molly, aka Hartley's future buddy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment