Thursday, October 31, 2013

26 weeks.

So I'm 26 weeks.
I think I'm up about 6 pounds. I don't get on the scale everyday because the gaining is still a little weird for me.
I'm wearing maternity clothes and sleeping in Brian's t-shirts.
I'm sporting stretch marks.
I miss alcohol. Yep, I now am counting down to having some wine after I pop out the little one.
As far as movement goes, she's getting stronger. She seems to be most active in the middle of the night. I'm really hoping this is the week Brian gets to feel her. We are way behind the curve on that one, and I feel bad that he hasn't gotten that experience yet :(
I crave nothing. My appetite isn't great. I force food in and feel queasy. But it's important to eat.
I'm showing. Whenever people haven't seen me in a bit they say, "whoa, you look pregnant!" And I love it.
The rings are off. Belly button is in.
I am almost always happy lately. Though I had an off day last week, and Brian didn't know how to deal with it. (I'm actually learning that my mood swings, whether they are PMS or pregnancy are mild compared to most women, and my husband is not used to them at all)
I'm looking forward to my hubby coming home tonight! I will say pregnancy has made time apart much worse.

So today is Halloween. I am exhausted. Brian being out of town has drastically affected my sleep. 

I can't wait for him to come home tonight. I don't know why but this trip has really affected me. It's silly. He's been traveling a handful of times a year for the past 6.5 years, so obviously the entirety of our marriage. He used to work so late that there weekdays where I just didn't see him. A 5 day trip to FL is not new to me at all - he's traveled longer and to foreign countries. But apparently my hormones have made me paranoid. I'm always worried that something bad will happen if he's not here. Plus, after our extremely lucky October (no preeclampsia, baby looking so perfect, no gestational diabetes, another awesome raise and spectacular bonus for Brian), there's a part of me that's waiting for someone to lower the boom. Such a terrible attitude. 
 
I have a feeling someday Hart and I are going to love when B is out of town: pedicures, shopping, going out to eat. But through pregnancy and baby time, I will dread it.

Besides that, things have been pretty perfect. I met some of the neighborhood moms and met the sweetest babysitter and got her number. The nursery is looking gorgeous. Hartley's bathroom is coming along. I got to go on some girl dates while Brian was gone. I went shopping and bought some comfy granny panties - all about comfort lately. Weather is perfect. Everyone around me is at peace. Life is good.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment