Wednesday, October 16, 2013

23 weeks, 6 days.

I've been absent lately because my beautiful, wonderful MacBook Pro bit the dust for good. I had a nursery and shopping post all planned out... with pictures! However, now that I'll be blogging on my iPad, I need to learn simpler tasks first, ie how to even copy and paste my survey format.

Brian and I agree about 98% of the time. But I will flat out admit that we are on two different planes of thought about technology. I am old school. Yep, I like a good old fashioned computer. Someday I aspire to own one with a printer. Brian thinks I should just learn to use an iPad for everything to join the wave of the future. And for photos use a cloud. Good lord, I'll be learning how to breastfeed and use a cloud. Holy overwhelmed, Batman. And when he told me this yesterday, pregnancy hormones raging, he may as well have called me fat. Tears a plenty!

I think we all think we'll raise our kids the way we were raised. My family had tv limits and a study computer we all shared. TV limits are still a go for Hartley. I know a shared computer won't be entirely feasible but I don't want to have a kid with an iPad attached to her. In a dream world, I'd figure out a space in our house where I could be in the same room while she used the computer. All the things we have to think about for our kids that our parents didn't have to give as much thought to. So Brian and I are coming up with a compromise. But I can't imagine life without a computer.

Without my computer, I have no clue how to figure out how to copy from my old blogs to paste in to this one. So I'm giving a short handed, unorganized version of the usual information.

I'm up 5 lbs. Which is amazing. I can gain a pound a week the remaining 16 weeks and be right on my target! How is that for nice?

My sleep the past few days has been amazing. I get so pooped after nothing and then sleep to my hearts content. I flip a lot because my legs literally go numb, so that's something I'll ask my doctor about next time I'm in.

Baby is kicking, usually like a wild woman. Yesterday she scared me by not moving until I ate dinner. Tricky little baby. Brian still hasn't felt her kick. The anterior placenta seems to greatly affect that. I'm hoping the 24th week has magical powers so he can feel his daughter for the first time.

My appetite is hit or miss. I had been feeling sick again so I started using my Zofran again. Until I remember what that little bitch does to my bathroom habits. So now I'll live with the sporadic upset stomach.

Wedding rings are off. Baby is a girl. And best moment of the week was basically a weekend of non baby stuff where my sister was home. She got engaged! We got to be there. And she got a stunner of a ring - seriously a celebrity kind of ring. 

I'm probably forgetting other things but this is the best I can do for now. Fingers crossed for a new computer in 2014. Or fingers crossed for me to use a "tablet" in lieu of a computer. I literally screamed at Brian, "you expect me to use this TI 83 as a computer?!" Hello, child of the 90's using an iPad mini!

And you will only understand what I was saying if you've seen the size of an iPad mini and spent hours using a TI 83.


No comments:

Post a Comment