Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Gender Reveal of Our Little Girl


Sonogram garland - an idea from pinterest

Old Wives Tales Poster

A Voting Chalkboard

Amazingly wrapped cake, so no one could sneak a peek!

Our Sweet Little Family, wearing a lot of blue!

Big sis Winnie wearing both pink and blue

So here are some pictures from the day of the gender reveal party! My one regret is not getting pictures with our family and friends. To be honest, I had every intention of getting nice pictures with certain groups but it was a pretty chaotic day so I was more focused on making sure I talked to all of our guests. I think the grand total ended up being close to 30 people... in our 2,000 square foot town home!

But I asked my parents afterwards if they felt like it was too crazy or too crowded, and they said it was perfect and assured me everyone had a nice time.

I really think the party turned out pretty nicely. Like I said, there were a lot of people here but not a single person I felt like the party could have been with out. And I now truly could not imagine finding out the gender of baby crane any differently. We feel beyond blessed to be expecting baby crane, and we know so many people supported us in getting there. It felt great to have them there for such a special moment. I swear, this little girl is the luckiest little girl in the world. She doesn't know it yet but she already has many people loving her who are excited to meet her.

We would have truly been happy with either outcome. But we are getting very excited to now know we are having a daughter. We sat in her nursery last night looking at all the sweet gifts she's received already. We talked about how excited we are to start working on her room some more. We talked about how we can't wait to read her books in that room before bed. I've told Brian many times I think he'll be excellent dad to a daughter, how this little girl will have him wrapped around her tiny finger. And Brian says he knows it's true. I just know he'll be her hero, like all great dads are to their daughters. And I can't wait to teach her to be a little lady and share all the special girlie experiences we'll share.

Baby girl's name is Hartley Glenn, which we had pretty much shared with everyone already. As I said in an earlier blog post, Hartley is actually a boys name that I happened to love for a girl. It has been our "girl name" for years. In fact, when we used to wake up for ass early for doctor's appointments, I'd tell Brian I didn't want to go, and he'd tell me I was doing it for Hartley. She's my little hart already. Glenn is my dad's name, and I want our daughter to inherit his kindness and helpfulness.

I have to say I finally, truly am liking pregnancy much more now. Even though I was sick a couple days ago, I now know I'm doing this for my little girl. It has allowed me to bond much better. When I talk to her and about her I get to use her name. I get to say "her" and "she" instead of "it".  I will also admit I am a bit paranoid the sonographer got it wrong, which I'm assured is not the case because it was such quick find at a 20 week ultrasound. I'll continue to bond with my little girl but I'll have them double check when I go back in a few weeks ;)

We are loving you so much, Hartley. We are grateful every single day that you continue to grow. I love that you're working on those kicking skills so we can soon show daddy what you're made of! We're building our little nest for you. Mama is probably going to get in trouble buying you lots of adorable clothes! Your dad already admits he thinks having a girl is a little more emotional, and he turns into a puddle of mush when we talk about you. We love you to the moon and back, little girl. Keep growing. Keep kicking. We want to meet you but let's wait until February :)




No comments:

Post a Comment