Saturday, October 5, 2013

22 weeks.


How far along? 22 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: a solid 3 pounds, and sometimes I even see if say 4 :) YAY!
Maternity clothes? mostly always maternity
Stretch marks? yep. 
Best moment this week: finding out we are having a baby girl
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. Alcohol. Laying on my back. 
Movement: baby girl's kicks aren't strong enough for Brian to feel from the outside and since they're not super hard, I love getting her little kicks throughout the day :) She still kicks mostly when I'm laying down.
Food cravings: nothing out of the ordinary, going through a cookie phase
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really. Did have a "sick day" this week but I think it was exhaustion. 
Have you started to show yet: Yep. I look pregnant. I love it. No trying to suck in or squeeze into stuff :)
Gender: BABY GIRL!
Belly Button in or out?
 In
Wedding rings on or off? Off. They are hard as hell to get on and off so they are out of play.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Let me just say, knowing the baby's gender makes this a whole new ball game.
Looking forward to: The baby showers! Buying things for our little girl. MEETING HER in 4 months :)

This week was defined by starting to bond with our sweet girl. I made her some wall art. We bought her a few outfits. Her dad bought her a purple monster ballerina toy, that reminds me of a purple Winnie. The glider was delivered. Brian assembled the crib. I can't wait to share the progress on here soon. It's a small room so it's hard to photograph but it is turning in to the most beautiful nursery... and I still have some additions that we registered for so it's certainly not complete.

I told Brian, "I have the best taste ever." He laughed. 1. His wife is SO not modest when she's proud of herself. 2. "Taste" is an individual thing so I'm sure other people think it's not the most beautiful nursery in the history of the world. But I am so in love with her nursery. The paranoid part of me that thinks "maybe it's really a boy" is super afraid of that because in the past week I've fallen in love with the idea of having a girl and building a girl nursery. 

I think our registry is now pretty much complete. I changed it from amazon.com because I wanted to add some things from The Land Of Nod. I went pretty pink with what I registered for but my goal is for the pink ombre of linens/accents to balance the greyish blue walls and white furniture so it's a bit more girlie. 

I didn't register for it but I am so in love with a mermaid shower curtain from pottery barn that I'm already thinking I know what her little girl bathroom might look like.

I knew I was going to have fun with either gender. Let me tell you, there are some seriously adorable boy things out there, too. But the fun thing about shopping and planning for a little girl is I get to revisit that part of my childhood. What kind of dream little girl room would I want, that type of thing. 

So basically all this week was filled with 2 very excited parents to be starting to bond with their little girl by preparing for her a little. It has felt like the "honeymoon" of my pregnancy. All the gross/miserable parts of pregnancy are sliding into the past, and here is the glowy, bird-chirping, hearts floating around our heads part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment