Monday, August 26, 2013

A Nursery Painting Kind Of Weekend



The nursery is painted! And I love the color. The pictures don't do it much justice. It's a color by Sherwin Williams called Mountain Air. It's a very soft sky blue that almost has a hint of gray so it feels quite neutral. In some pictures it looks white, in others it looks dark, but in person it's just a subtle wash of calming, tranquil blue.

Once we start to put some things in it, I have a feeling the color will show a bit better in pictures, and it will likely make more sense.

Even though to most people blue doesn't scream neutral, I chose it because it's calming and soothing. And if baby happens to be a girl I can toss pink in that nursery without it looking like pepto bismol central.

We had a great weekend and this room was the icing on the cake.

On Friday night we went to my sister in law's for dinner. As much as I roll my eyes when people claim to have "pregnancy brain", I have to assume that's what led me to forget to bring over the dessert I made. But everything she made was delicious; she's quite the cook. To my surprise she had a pasteurized soft cheese as one of the appetizers! Now I will say I've been invited to dinner at a friend's house where they took into consideration the diet of a pregnant women; she had her husband cook my steak a little extra. I thought that was awesome but not surprising as she's done this pregnancy thing twice. I guess since my sister in law has friends who've been pregnant she knows the guidelines. And I was impressed that she let me know about the cheese and didn't say how silly it is that women avoid unpasteurized cheese. Ahhhh, sweet relief - this is how everyone should be!

It's a huge contrast from my family's "joke" about how pregnant women should drink while pregnant. Or my mom doing this weird thing where she refers to my baby as her baby. 

Oh to eat in normal people world where people don't say weird shit.

Saturday was a glorious day, it was gorgeous out. So we actually walked to Home Depot with Winnie in tow. Girlfriend loves nothing more than riding around the store in that orange shopping cart while people fawn over her. We picked up the paint and some supplies. I taped. Then Brian exiled me to the first floor to stay away from the fumes. He was just painting, drinking beers and rocking out. Needless to say, I was pretty jealous.  After the first coat we went out to dinner and ate outside at one of our favorite spots: The American Tap Room. We returned home, he did a quick second coat, and we attempted to sleep downstairs on the sectional. It wasn't happening so we went upstairs and chanced it. But since we had the windows open all day it wasn't smelling of strong paint fumes.

I woke up on Sunday morning like it was Christmas morning and walked into the nursery to take a look. So in love. It dried and somehow looked even prettier than before. I touched up some spots where paint got on the baseboard. The only last little touch up will be getting some paint out of the carpet. I guess that's to be expected when you drink and paint.

But it feels nice to have a lot done... after all I've crept past that 40% done mark... and am getting ever closer to halfway! Yay for a growing baby and nursery progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment