Thursday, August 29, 2013

17 weeks!


How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 0 pounds... holding strong at my pre pregnancy weight
Maternity clothes? I'm doing a combination. It's cute to see my normal maxi dresses get all tight around the tummy though when I wear them. I've worn my maternity jeans and there's a minor slippage issue but after a run through the wash and a little more tummy I'm sure it won't be an issue.
Stretch marks? Yep, but only a few faint ones that don't appear to be growing.
Sleep: I'm back to sleeping and probably sleep 8 hours a night. I do wake up with creepy nightmares pretty often but way better than my bouts of insomnia.
Best moment this week: Painting the nursery.
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. 
Movement: No. Stupid anterior placenta. But I've read some women say later movement is a blessing because it makes the mama more comfy so I'll think about it that way :)
Food cravings: absolutely none - I now think pregnant women lie when they talk about their cravings. I call bullshit; they just want an excuse to eat crap.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mainly smells. Everything I eat gives me the most horrible sour fruity after taste. While I'm not sick like I was before, I definitely have my moments of not feeling great.
Have you started to show yet: I think so. My body is changing from head to toe I think.
Gender: Lately I think girl (because 90% of people tell me girl) but in conversation I often slip and call the baby Patrick.
Belly Button in or out?
 In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! 
Looking forward to: my next appointment in 5 days.

So my biggest pregnancy news is my trying to gain some weight. I'm pounding Ensures like an old person in a nursing home. Sometimes I drink two a day (that's 500 calories!) hoping to get on the scale and see change but it doesn't budge.

I won't be bummed out if the doctor says this is healthy and fine. If they say, "Page, if you don't gain, you don't gain - no big deal." Then, score! Wayyy less weight for me to lose after baby. Because like a super vain person, I plan on finally losing all extra fat I've been lugging around the past few years.

I just want to make sure I do whatever is best for the baby. If they told me I had to gain 30 pounds for my pregnancy to be healthy, well then I'd just be eating all day long.

My weight the past few years has been a real issue for me. And it's something that has always been very hard for me. I went from being known as "potbelly Page" to a petite blonde that turned heads (that sounds vain but I just told you my horrible nickname). Then a couple years in to dating Brian I started to slowly creep up on the scale. And saw numbers I haven't seen in a long time to numbers I'd never seen before in life.

When I found out I was pregnant, I wasn't planning on gorging but I told myself, enjoy these next 9 months of eating because after this, you're changing your life. When I told myself that, I knew the next 9 months were all about me doing exactly what I needed to do for the helpless little thing inside of me that needed my help. And right now, all I want to do is give this little one the best chance at good health.

Lately, I think about 2.5 years and how long that really is. I think about how much my life changed right about 3 years ago. And I think about everything Brian and I went through. I'm going to write a blog entry for the people who don't understand what happened to us prior to fertility drugs and treatment. And how after all that hell, I'm not going to let anything hurt the baby. So whatever the doctor says in 5 days becomes the law around here. And I'll do anything they tell me to.


No comments:

Post a Comment