Thursday, August 22, 2013

16 weeks!


How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 0 pounds... back at my pre pregnancy weight :(
Maternity clothes? Yes! I can still fit into my maxi dresses, yoga pants and t-shirts but maternity stuff is so much more comfortable. The shirts are longer so nothing rides up, and I am so in love with the t-shirts I bought from gap that I should've bought more. They were on sale for $12, and I only bought two... dumb.
Stretch marks? Yep, I tell myself they're not super bad though. The coco butter does seem to be helping, and Brian reassures me they'll fade over time.
Sleep: This is very hit or miss, mainly miss. The pregnancy pillow is so big and awkward so generally I put a regular pillow between my legs, and I'm more comfortable.
Best moment this week: Getting the baby's glider and getting a few other baby gifts from my in-laws.
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. 
Movement: I'm going to sound completely nuts but I thought I felt 2 subtle kicks yesterday but they came and went so fast it was hard to tell. I should feel movement any week now.
Food cravings: none really
Anything making you queasy or sick: only smells really. I was in the grocery store yesterday, and I threw up as soon as I got home because the grocery smells were too much.
Have you started to show yet: Yep. Strangers probably wonder if I'm pregnant or just have a big beer gut though. 
Gender: I no longer have any idea. Some days I wake up and think boy and sometimes I think girl.
Belly Button in or out?
 In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! 
Looking forward to: my next appointment on September 3rd. The glider arriving. FINDING OUT THE GENDER!

Hitting 16 weeks feels glorious. I know this is the time a lot of women find out the gender or their baby so it feels brutal that we'll still be waiting another 5.5 weeks. 

I feel pretty wonderful lately. The only real pregnancy tells are a little extra tiredness and a little extra tummy.

The only real worry I have is my not gaining weight. I've decided to put my mind at ease and call my doctor today. I think because I'm overweight to begin with, it's probably okay but I'm unsure because from the books and blogs I've read most women seem to have gained between 5-10 pounds at this point. I have been very surprised at my loss of appetite during pregnancy, and I probably should be eating more than I do. 

My mom told me her doctors accused her of dieting while pregnant because she didn't gain weight early on either. But since I'll be hitting that halfway mark in 4 weeks, I don't know if this is still early on enough not to be gaining anything.

Brian says it looks like my weight has been redistributed; that it looks at though fat from other areas is gone and set up camp around my mid section. I kind of agree. And I think I look like a healthy pregnant woman. 

He's also the biggest encourager when it comes to reminding me to eat because neither of us wants the baby to be too small.

Whenever people say they think I'll have a big baby I get really excited, and I really hope I do. Brian always says he hopes it's a big baby that gets his height and my looks. 

Guess in 24 weeks we'll find out if the big baby bets are true!

No comments:

Post a Comment