Thursday, August 15, 2013

15 weeks.

Baby gifts from Nana Susanna and Grandpa

How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 1 pound! YAY!
Maternity clothes? Nope. I just wear yoga pants and summer dresses. BUT now that I'm finally getting a little bump and fall clothes are coming out I'm hoping to buy a few things very soon.
Stretch marks? You won't believe it because I don't believe it but yes - TWO! Using the cocoa butter my mom bought me. I was not expecting it this early.
Sleep: I'm not sleeping well at all anymore. Might have just been that's it's been a sad week.
Best moment this week: Getting the baby's dresser and printing the gender reveal invites.
Miss Anything? Nope
Movement: Not yet. Placenta is in the front so I shouldn't feel much until later in the game.
Food cravings: pizza
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular but I'm back to foods and smells making me sick. I need to refill my prescription for Zofran.
Have you started to show yet: My mom told me on Monday you can tell I'm pregnant, and it made my week! I definitely have a little bump, just took me a little longer than most.
Gender: Don't know yet! My guess was always boy but I'm starting to think it might be a girl. Most of our friends and family think it's a girl.
Belly Button in or out?
 In
Wedding rings on or off? On but since I rarely wear them as is I might just stop wearing them early 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! (With the exception of our dog passing)
Looking forward to: my next appointment on September 3rd. I love to hear the baby even if I don't get to see it.

I really can't believe I'm 15 weeks! It's pretty cool to notice my body changing on the outside. I'm still in that awkward phase where strangers might not know for sure I'm pregnant but I can definitely feel and see a difference.

I was getting a little worried when I'd look at other people's 14 week bump pictures but last weekend a little bump just popped out right under my belly button.

It's uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach now, which is a very recent development in just the past few days. And it's also weird that when I sit up from laying, I feel my abs give resistant so I've started using my arms to support myself instead of just curling up.

And TMI, I'm gassy. So funny. Of all the things I can do in front of Brian (ie. pee, throw up, get probed), I can't fart in front of him. I'm constantly running to the bathroom to fart! Sexy, I know.

Everything, as of the past few days, is feeling so much more real. The baby has a room with a dresser and some books and some clothes. My body is changing.  And I now realize I'm pregnant and that a baby is joining us in February, which has been something that took months to sink in. 

I always promise it, but I totally feel like taking a bump picture so I will finally do it! I actually have something to show.

The weather is so amazing. It's my favorite - early fall weather even though it's August. I always wanted to have a fall baby but I just realized the during our kiddo's first fall will be a ridiculously cute age. No wrinkly newborn in a halloween costume, it'll be an 8ish month old baby. Hopefully a chunky one that really fills out a cute costume :)

I'm finally starting to soak in this time. It's not miserably hot. I'm not throwing up every meal. And we're really making a baby.

I'd still doubt I'll ever say I love pregnancy but I do love the happy feeling I have. I remember watching friends get to this part, starting the second tri and having a little bump, and I wondered if it would someday happen to me. And here I am, and it's glorious to know our baby will be joining us in less than 6 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment