Monday, April 8, 2013

IVF update!

So we had been told that we'd likely be waiting 2 or 3 weeks after the surgery to start injections. I kind of figured for the next 2 weeks not much would happen. I'd attend my post op appointment and possibly my cycle review.

Well, I just got a call from the IVF coordinator, and her exact words were, "if we had your injections ready, you could start tomorrow." I should get the official word tomorrow afternoon of our acceptance into the money back guarantee program. All the doctor's should be signing off on it tomorrow in their weekly meeting. To be on the safe side, my cycle review is scheduled for Thursday morning. They'll teach me all about my medications, we'll pay, and they'll order my injectables. We are expected to start injectables next week.

I'm not exactly an expert on how this works but I'm starting to think we'll do the transfer in early June.

2 weeks of injections and monitoring to grow eggs
Retrieval
2 weeks until I get my period
Another 2-3 weeks of injections & monitoring to prepare the uterus
And bam, transfer!

So if this first round works, we would definitely know by my 28th birthday :)

I had no idea I would get so excited after receiving this particular phone call. But after 6 total rounds of Clomid including 3 IUIs, I'm excited to be trying something so much better. Jumping from a 15% (probably lower) chance to a 60% chance per round is huge. I feel like I will be pregnant soon!

Of course, Brian and I had started our diet. I stuck to it all day. But we have to go out to dinner to celebrate this! We're finally starting a new chapter in our trying to conceive journey, and we're both so excited about that.

When the time comes for me to give myself my first injection, I know I'll be nervous. But until then, I'll savor this giddy feeling we don't get to feel often. Yep, this is what they call hope.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck! it seems that you've already been through a lot. My husband and I only dis one IUI and we decided to jump into IVF. I should start in one week and I can't wait! We are very excited too, we know that this is it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your comment. Best of luck to you, too! Please keep me updated of how your cycle goes. It's always so nice to have someone in the same boat!

      Delete