Monday, April 15, 2013

Baby Crane's 1st Letter.

I walked out to the mailbox on Friday to be happily surprised by a turquoise envelope with my address is beautiful, bubbly handwriting. I love getting to the mailbox and having a piece of "real" mail, not the normal junk that fills it.

When I opened it and read it, tears streamed down my face. I feel so loved to have a friend who would write this and mail it to me. Brian walked in the door a couple minutes later. I think he could tell I'd been crying so I just handed him the notecard. I saw manly tears well up in his eyes, and he just gave me the longest hug. 

That little card meant the world to us. I'm framing it in a matted frame for baby crane's nursery - his or her very first piece of mail. Someday I can't wait to tell him or her about my amazing friend, Sabrina. And to tell baby crane how he or she is probably one of the only babies who got a letter even before they were baking in their mama's tummy.


a letter to us.

a letter to baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment