Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day Before Retrieval.

I am officially uncomfortable. At all the last few monitoring appointments they would ask me how  was feeling. They always seemed shocked when I'd say, "I feel great!" I was thinking, look at me just doing IVF like a fucking champ.

Now that's biting me in the ass.

I feel uncomfortable. It's a sensation I really can't describe. When I go to sit down and my butt hits the chair, I feel like my ovaries are going to burst. Same thing happens when I bend over. I feel super bloated so I'm going to the bathroom non-stop thinking it will deflate me but no such luck.

I have two very huge ovaries filled with giant eggs. The doctor said it's somewhere between 15-20 eggs that range in size from about 20 mm up to 26/27 mm. Needless to say, it feels weird. It feels nothing like a 16.5 mm egg just hanging out in one of my ovaries.

My body is officially freaking out, and I've cried a few times today.

I have less than 24 hours until the retrieval.

I am nervous.

Going into IVF, the retrieval was one of the parts that terrified me.

I am so excited for all of this but it catches up to me sometimes. Holy moly... am I really walking around with 20 eggs? Did I actually just give myself 30 injections over the past 2 weeks? Are we seriously doing this?

They are going to take 15-20 eggs out of me. And they are going to mix them with Brian's sperm. And most will fertilize and grow. This IS happening.

Wow.

Let the roller coaster of emotions continue!


No comments:

Post a Comment