Friday, March 22, 2013

IVF cycle day 1

It's here, kids. The beginning of our IVF journey officially starts today.

I'm going to dedicate this entry to the wonderful people in my life who have been the best cheerleaders to Brian and I.

Let's move on to the amazingly, awesome, feel-good-about-yourself lovefest that's about to happen. I actually save every positive thing that is written to me. People probably never knew how much their words mattered to me but this shows you how powerful words can be. Here are the AMAZING things people have said to me over the years:

- "God hands challenges to the women who are strong enough to face them."

- "I'm absolutely amazed at your continued strength and know it will pay off. No one deserves it more than you and Brian."

- "You always have the best outlook. You're so strong."

- "I want you to know how much I admire you for all you're going (and have been) through. I think you're amazing.

- "You have an amazing attitude - keep that."

- "Know that you're thought of every day!"

- "You're Teflon tough."

- "You have always been a postive person and it's one of the things I admire about you."

- "Stay strong future mama Crane. However it happens, whenever it happens, I'll be ready to go shopping for tiny person footy jammies with you."

- "Way to not sink when a few rocks were thrown in your boat." 

- "Keep your chin up girl, I'm thinking about you! One day you'll make an amazing mother - I'm sure of it."

- "More positive energy your way!!"

- "I will say some prayers for you and Brian that soon you'll have the family you want!"

- A friend quoting A.A. Milne: "Promise me you'll remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think."

- And for the finale, and I think this is something that sounds best coming from your own mother:"It's not your fault."  

***The day my mother told me this wasn't my fault broke through to me. From that day forward I stopped blaming myself for everything that wasn't working. I finally allowed myself to be at peace that very day and moving forward. If any infertile women ever read this, please, please know - it is absolutely NOT your fault.***

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, friends. Every positive thing said to us, prayer made said for us, pair of fingers crossed for us have allowed me to keep going. I always believed that babies were made from the love between two people. How lucky are Brian and I that we get to have a baby made from the love of many.


No comments:

Post a Comment