Thursday, March 7, 2013

3 dpiui

By the way, DPIUI = days past IUI. I hate that I know all the TTC (trying to conceive) lingo but of course, I do.

This morning I started my twice daily progesterone suppositories. My first one was glorious.

I took it at 7 am as to not forget, and it put me back to sleep. It was a nice deep sleep that made me feel super warm and toasty.

I kind of like progesterone. It's better than any sleeping pills you'll ever try.

I used to hate them because I'd feel sleepy or off balance during the day. Now I've learned to embrace them as warm, fuzzy, relaxing, sleepy pills. The one I take at night is awesome. If I get pregnant, I continue to take these for the first trimester. I'll be a sleepy beast.

Here's how the different hormones make me feel:

Provera - used to induce a period or bleed. I felt so side effects, and it was extremely effective for me in the past. At this point in time I don't need it.

Clomid - used to induce ovulation. This is probably my least favorite. I've gotten a rash, anxiety attacks, hot flashes, night sweats, moodiness, headaches, and dizziness from Clomid. While taking it and for a few days after, I sweat through my sheets at night. It's starting dose is 50 mg, and I got less side effects at that dose. Now, at 150 mg, I'm at one of the highest doses they prescribe; my doctor rarely prescribes 150 mg and only goes up to 200 mg.

HCG/trigger shot- used to rapidly mature the egg and cause the egg to rupture through the ovary (ovulation). Ovulation occurs roughly 36-40 hours post trigger shot. It causes pregnancy symptoms. It will yield a positive pregnancy test. It does make many women sick. I do pretty well with it. I seem to get a little "pregnant-feeling". Mainly I get emotional, bloated and want to eat olives and cheddar cheese... together.

Prometrium/Progesterone - miracle pill. Basically, in short, it helps maintain a pregnancy. For the Provera/Clomid cocktail or a Clomid IUI cycle, it's used 3 days past ovulation to get the womb ready. It makes you sleepy and warm.

This is my favorite part of the cycle. Most women hate the 2 week wait but it's a nice time to relax and have hope that you'll be getting a positive pregnancy test soon.

At 3 dpiui, I have no symptoms. I feel very relaxed and happy. Here's to maintaining that until I POAS (pee on a stick)!

No comments:

Post a Comment