Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Lately I do this crazy thing when Hartley naps, I look at "old photos" of her. She's not even 3 months yet, and she's so much bigger than when she was first born. "A big chunk of change" as my mom would say. 

I can't say I really miss it. I've gotten to soak up everyday and watch her grow bit by bit. But I love looking at how far she's come as a little human being.

And today, I went even further back. I looked at my bump photos and the video of her gender reveal. Watching Brian proudly hold up the pink slice of cake to display it to everyone while he says, "it's a girl!" still brings tears to my eyes. If only I knew how that little girl was going to melt our hearts so fast. At the time I was just so excited to go out and finally buy a baby outfit for our baby, not someone else's.

And when I go even further back than that and see pictures of us in St.Michaels, snuggling in front of the snuggery, I get chills. I was already pregnant and would find out the very next day. 

And even just a week before that, a picture of her as a 5 day embryo. I will never ever in all my life forget seeing that picture for the first time and being so incredibly hopeful. Praying so hard that was a picture of our baby.

A year has changed so much. A year ago I was just trying to have faith. And today I get to hold my miracle baby everyday. 

Oh throwback Thursday, you really make me treasure all those memories! 






No comments:

Post a Comment