Monday, April 21, 2014

Hartley's First Easter


In the past couple years I've gotten a little bored with holidays. I definitely get in the spirit but the excitement had been lost a little. When you're a kid, they are always magical. Then when you're in high school, it's time off school. When you're in college, it means everyone comes home and fun times are had. Then, I got married. And Brian and I finally spent holidays together (we didn't while we were dating and engaged). And that was so sweet. But then after a few years, it just seemed like holidays kind of lost it. Just a group of adults eating too much and gifting gifts. Not hating on that but it just stopped having that special something.

Let me say, even though Easter isn't a huge holiday, I loved having a holiday with Hartley. I am so jazzed that they'll just keep getting more exciting as she better understands them... and as she someday has cousins to play with :)

Showing her her basket was so fun - even if she just studied it for a couple minutes totally not getting it. And baby girl rocks an Easter dress like nobody's business. 

She really just slept most of the time. But it was nice for me to get a holiday where I could partake in the drinks. Mimosas... Yummm. And my mom's spread was amazing. It was a nice small group: my parents, Andrew, Caroline, my mom's friend Mary Ellen and us. The usual conversation: the Centreville heroin ring, River Creek swingers, and spelling happiness... without penis. It was nice to kick back and enjoy some food, drinks and family on a beautiful Sunday. 

And c'mon, look at my Easter bunny. Isn't that one cute babe? :)











No comments:

Post a Comment