Monday, April 7, 2014

A nice weekend and a week of catch up

Last Thursday I bought paint for the girl cave. I was going to tape Friday night, paint Saturday during the day, take Hartley to visit my sister Saturday evening, go to a friend's bridal shower Sunday, and get together with my family afterward. And we'd be passing Hartley back and forth all weekend. 

Brian told me it was too much. I didn't listen.

My mom told me it was too much. A woman with an 8 week old baby painting a room while juggling errands and social plans - all in a 48 hour period - was pretty nutty. I listened.

So we had a nice weekend. And I'll play catch up this week. I've decided no visitors this week and weekend so I can get some things in order, and then we can focus on all the spring fun. 

But the nice weekend...

Friday my mom came over, we ordered pizza and hung out. Hartley slept the first hour she was here so I could finally catch up with my mom without being interrupted. Thank you, Friday nap luck! 

Saturday we worked on getting rid of stuff. We went through the guest room boxing up donations and tossing out trash. Brian also put aside some stuff to donate that had been stored in the attic and in the storage room. I boxed up maternity clothes and Hartley's newborn clothes, and they got tossed in the attic. And now the girl cave is almost a blank canvas! And our house will soon feel a little lighter once we get these boxes off our hands. 

I went grocery shopping. I went shopping to buy a gift for Caroline's birthday. Mom brain means gift cards for all these days!

I took Hartley out to Ashburn to have dinner with my parents and sister. She was in a total funk so we only stayed a couple hours. It was probably for the best as my mom and sister did a ton of work to get ready for the shower the next day.

Then Sunday I snuggled Hartley for a couple hours in the morning knowing I'd be gone for a big chunk in the middle of the day. Then I left for the shower.

It was a blast! I'm normally not a bridal shower person. But this shower was wonderful! The food was delicious, the wine was great, and I loved the company. I hadn't seen Caroline, Danielle or my sister in a while so it was really nice. My mom and sister did an amazing job. It got me thinking about Hartley's baptism, and how I wish they were the party planners. I might try to copy the shower set up as closely as I can. How my sister found all these adorable, perfectly coordinated lavender things I'll never know. 

Well, time to toss in pictures. Send some productive vibes my way this week. Even though I'd rather just snuggle my (almost two month old!!) baby and watch movies in bed. Cloudy, rainy day motivation level over here! 





No comments:

Post a Comment