Monday, September 16, 2013

Thoughts as I finish up the first half!


I can't believe my pregnancy is almost halfway done. I'm a mere 3 days from that 20 week mark, and I'm so happy that time seems to be moving relatively quickly.

This second half of my pregnancy is going to be pretty damn awesome. And can I just give a big shout out to God for making my pregnancy timing be ridiculously awesome.

The air is getting cooler, and the humidity has disappeared (knock on wood). I am now putting out my pumpkin soaps and air freshers and welcoming fall. 

Fall will include our Gender Reveal Party, Halloween, my couples baby shower, and Thanksgiving. When December comes around we'll have another shower, and Brian will likely take a week off for Christmas like he always does. I'll allow myself a glass of champagne at new years to ring in our baby's birth year. When January comes, there will likely be another shower. Yes, it's sounding like 3 showers if you've been counting. We'll be in hibernation mode for the month leading up to baby: snuggled while the winter weather urges us not to do much else.

And in February we'll welcome our little one. Brian gets two weeks of paternity leave so I'm thinking we might even have a whole Valentine's day together next year with our very own little cherub. 
 
I feel very blessed the second half of my pregnancy falls at such a magical time of year. We're getting a real Christmas tree again this year from Sexton's, which will be a family tradition as long as they are in business. I'll get a picture of me and my giant bump in front of the tree knowing it'll be the last without baby.

I have never thought much of how perfect a February baby is but it really is wonderful. Spring will even fall at the perfect time for baby's first outings. 

I'm counting down to the first event that will get this series of events rolling, the gender reveal, now only 13 days away! I am truly hoping for just a happy healthy baby but I can't even contain my eagerness to learn more about our baby. I want to be a nutty mom and get a stocking from Pottery Barn that matches the ones Brian and I have from there, with the name embroidered as soon as I know the gender! But I will refrain. 

Here's to daydreaming of decorating the nursery, buying teeny boy or teeny girl clothes, and enjoying our last few holidays as a family of 2 humans and 1 pup! (Now that it' no longer summer I can daydream of this without being considered too crazy!)

And yes, this is also a great way of distracting from the less magical parts of this pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment