Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Anatomy Scan & Doctor's Visit

So today I'm 19 weeks, 5 days, and baby is looking good. It is measuring a little behind but not to the point of concern. It is measuring about a week behind, and 2 weeks behind is when the doctors step in to help. Maybe baby will just be a little peanut like it's mama! It has a sweet button nose. It loves to curl up and snuggle in casa de mama. It's currently breech, but that really means nothing at this point as it will likely turn itself around eventually.

The big development is that they were able to determine the baby's gender. They wrote it on a piece of paper, and it's been dropped in the mail for the baker. Very, very tough for me not to find out right then and there but Brian handled the envelope and kept me away from it.

The less fun part of the appointment was that my blood pressure was a little high. They were a little concerned with the high blood pressure coupled with the tiredness I was describing so they did some blood work to figure out what's going on. I should know more tomorrow. I'm not overly worried. But my mom had pre eclampsia so it is a little fear of mine. However, we also discussed the low energy might be an iron issue so the blood work will check for that, too.

I'm going to spend the day relaxing (my new theme since my energy magically disappeared). I also need to figure out a way not to let people bother me while I'm pregnant. Because when my blood pressure read high, my first thought was, "damn all the people who cause me stress, can't they just resume that role post-baby?!"

If the high blood pressure becomes a pattern or worsens, I guess I'll need to find a better way to deal with my stress. Brian and I had talked abut no longer disclosing any information for the remainder of pregnancy and that sounds kind of nice. We can experience the pregnancy without getting other people's thoughts. And we talked about sitting certain things out if they will cause me any stress.

The funny thing about my pregnancy is that Brian and I don't worry. We're not anxious. We have been through a lot so we know how to deal with things a lot more stressful than a pregnancy. But the minute you factor the voices of others in, you get all sorts of stress.

So in summary: healthy little peanut. Going the small route like it's mom (score for baby wanting to be like me!). And a mama with the blood pressure to prove some of the stresses she's been experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment