Thursday, September 19, 2013

20 weeks


How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 2 pounds (doctor's scale said 3 on Tuesday but I had to drink 48 oz. of water for that appointment so I'm thinking there might have been a water pound)
Maternity clothes? only things that aren't maternity are certain t-shirts, yoga pants and sweatshirts
Stretch marks? yep. 
Best moment this week: seeing the peanut! Baby has some sweet facial features and fingers and toes!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. Alcohol. Finally missing alcohol.
Movement: No kicks. Every now and then I think there might be a twitch but everyone says you'll know it when you feel it - and I'm not there yet.
Food cravings: No notable cravings. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: pleased to announce that I didn't throw up at all this week! First week in 3 months that I have not thrown up! My stomach feels queasy but nothing horrible.
Have you started to show yet: Yep but still going gradually. Yay for my body just being a champion at not getting too big too fast.
Gender: the doctor and the cake baker know! We'll find out in 10 days.
Belly Button in or out?
 In
Wedding rings on or off? On but getting a little tighter.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. Trying to pull myself out of this funk but currently not loving pregnancy! Convincing myself 20 more weeks is nothing!
Looking forward to: THE GENDER REVEAL! Did you even have to ask? 10 days until mama knows the gender of her occupant! Almost shopping time!!!

It's funny, as the morning sickness exits, the moodiness/uncertainty/tears have entered. I was also feeling extreme tiredness and got an answer: low iron issue. So I'm thinking at least that is on the way out!

I want to be very candid and very honest, I've been experiencing feelings that other woman say they didn't feel. It's a little unsettling. If I don't love pregnancy, am I not meant to be a mom? I wish other women could admit if they had this feeling. I have only had 1 honest person tell me they didn't love pregnancy. Props to us for being real women. 

Apparently, every other woman was a straight up goddess for 9 months. Lucky bitches! But it reaffirms my thoughts of only having one kid. 

I guess, there's something unwomanly about me. I didn't need a wedding. I wanted a marriage. I don't need a glowing pregnancy. I want a child. So pregnancy isn't really my bag. Though I am making sure I try to do everything I can to not have any regrets!

As I wrote earlier this week, I am SO HAPPY the second half of my pregnancy falls during my favorite time of year. Plenty of distractions. Hopefully this is the last Christmas where I'm not allowed to drink! Last Christmas was post IUI so I couldn't drink then either!!

I want baby to continue to bake and grow, but good lord, I can't wait to just meet him or her! Pregnancy is going pretty quickly but the road to baby has been so long. 

Baby Crane, as much as mama isn't loving being a mess, she can not wait to meet you. Seeing you during the ultrasound was the highlight of mom and dad's week! We think you look so cute in there, can't wait to see you on the outside in 20 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment