Friday, September 6, 2013

18 weeks.


How far along? 18 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 2 pounds of gain!
Maternity clothes? Maxi dresses are still fitting. But most of my old clothes are no longer comfortable. I've started sleeping in Brian's shirts. I absolutely need to add to my maternity wardrobe but most will be from Target. With the exception of a few nice things for some events this fall/winter.
Stretch marks? Ok, so these bad boys decided to grow overnight. My stomach looks like a purple road map. And they all are right where baby is... just below my belly button. I'm carrying extremely low.
Sleep: not great, not horrible. pillow in between the legs now.
Best moment this week: hearing the sweet thuds of baby's heart
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. 
Movement: No movement but some pressure and stretching. The doctor explained that's baby changing positions but I think it might be growth. I had days of this followed by major stretch mark increase.
Food cravings: Ok, so this is new. I have cravings. The biggest is fried pickles but I've settled for eating them straight out of the jar. I actually ate pickles immediately after ice cream and loved it. I've craved: Anita's breakfast burritos (I can't type that without my stomach growling - that's the strongest craving), chips and queso, ice cream and Butterfingers. So maybe this kid really is showing it's 1/8 Mexican pride along with it's dad's love of sweet things. And mama needs to learn how to fry some pickles...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Poultry and Meat. I absolutely hate both. I will always eat them when someone lovingly cooks me dinner (I mean, this is a staple to any dinner) but I won't cook them in my own house. And I'll only order them in restaurants if they are hidden in a salad or slathered in sauce. 
Have you started to show yet: Ok, I never think it's obvious. But yesterday Brian said to me, "you are  really getting bigger". And today I looked in the mirror before my shower, and he is right. Those stretch marks are something else so it's almost like a growth spurt in the past few days even.
Gender: Boy. I waivered on this for a few weeks there. But I just have such a strong feeling it's a little Patrick in there. I'm curious to know but I feel very strongly that I'm right. I have seen some boy clothes lately that I almost just went ahead and bought; I usually feel that sure. I'm happy either way but I can't stop thinking of Patrick just being a little Brian.
Belly Button in or out?
 In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Except when I get pregnancy advice... then Moody is an understatement! 
Looking forward to: the gender reveal. It's now about 3 weeks away, and it finally seems close. I seriously can't believe "baby crane" will be a he or she. And I loved my cousin's gender reveal RSVP stating, "We wouldn't miss Hartley's big reveal". I can't wait to think of my son or daughter, with a little name attached to it.

Whew, long survey because this pregnancy is now so real.

*** TMI from here forward ***

The stretch marks, the constipation, the shitting glass feeling, the hemorrhoids, the massive (and I mean people staring, that MASSIVE) boobs... I'm pregnant. I am in good spirits. This is so much better than vomiting all day long. I'm excited. I can't wait to shop. And other than some very real bathroom phobia, I feel at home in this pregnancy. 

Now that we've talked about my bowel problems, enjoy the weekend, folks! Have a drink for me! Pumpkin beer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment