Thursday, September 26, 2013

21 weeks, and super excited!!!


How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: a solid 3 pounds... I'm now eating much more than I was before and it's awesome! Just pass all the food to the pregnant lady!
Maternity clothes? mostly always maternity
Stretch marks? yep. 
Best moment this week: getting a pregnancy massage... had no idea just how uncomfortable I've been until I felt true comfort again!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. Alcohol. Laying on my back. Now that it's all about laying on my side, I think this will be what I miss every week from here out.
Movement: Just started this week, and they are quite subtle. I usually feel them more when I lay in bed on my side, and baby likes to give a light thud. Gentle and subtle but fairly sure they are kicks.
Food cravings: Loaded baked potato soup in a bread bowl, comfort foods like my mom's cooking and fresh baked cookies
Anything making you queasy or sick: No throwing up! Nasty, nasty acid reflux. Love that whatever I eat now comes up as a very sour citrusy aftertaste. Gum is my best friend.
Have you started to show yet: Yep. Clients yesterday were too wary to bring it up but when I did they said they could tell!
Gender: We'll know in 3 days!
Belly Button in or out?
 In
Wedding rings on or off? Off. They are tight! I forced on my wedding ring for work yesterday but that will be rare from now on!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mainly happy with some moody mixed in when I feel tired and pregnant. 
Looking forward to: THE GENDER REVEAL! Now starting to count down the hours. So excited we chose to do this party... and it's going to be the best party ever. And all my clients yesterday thought it was such a cool idea.

Now that I'm just a handful of days away from hitting the 5 months pregnant mark, I'm getting bigger and less comfortable. Little stuff like shaving my legs is getting tougher and housework leaves me a little out of breath. And the sleep... ugh, really more like a lack of sleep. I flip flop between sides and wake up every hour or so to try to flip and get comfortable. Last night I slept from 11 pm - 2 am then 5 am - 7:30 am. So I have to ask, this "get your sleep before the baby comes" bit, are there pregnant women who really do sleep? The only time I remember sleeping well was during the days of throwing up all day. 

It's safe to say, I still do not love pregnancy. But I'm not hating it as much as I was a week ago. My emotions are back in check (for now), and I'm just looking forward to certain things to keep me chugging along! 

Brian and I are like little kids when it comes to the gender reveal party. I'm pretty sure this is the most I have ever anticipated any party or event; it ties our wedding. So when people talk to me about looking forward to things other than the reveal, I'm laughing in my head thinking, "don't even care... must. know. gender." I'm happy for this time where my brain is consumed with excitement but also looking forward to actually knowing the gender and starting to plan out the nursery more.

I will update in just a few short days. And no longer will there be blog entries with this "it" business. Soon it'll be him or her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment