Sunday, February 10, 2013

cycle day 1

When I woke up today, I got my period, and I called the clinic first thing. The bitch is here, and she is sure to be exceptionally bitchy. Fertility drug periods are like periods on steroids. Luckily my husband knows this. He's making a grocery run this morning and smartly added overnight maxi pads and chocolate to the list. Good man.

I will get a call from one of the nurses confirming the schedule for this upcoming round but being a bit experienced with this, I think I already know the schedule. Thursday, Valentine's Day, I should start Clomid. The following Thursday, February 21st, I should have my first monitoring appointment.

I'll start stalking pinterest nursery ideas again. I seriously can't wait to decorate baby crane's nursery. I've only got like a million ideas! I'll look at gender reveal cakes and creative bump pictures. I've already decided that since there's a decent possibility this might be our only kid that I'm totally living it up.

I have no idea how every new shot I get insanely giddy at the idea of baking our little one. It usually happens around the time I finish Clomid and go to monitoring. Perhaps it helps me deal with the early morning probing and blood draws!

I hope more than anything that this one is the one. We've waited so long for this. We deserve it.

And after talking to the doctor last Friday about the possibility of doing IVF, I realized how much I don't want to need THAT much help. I want to have my baby the old fashioned way... you know the way where the doctor turkey bastes you with your husband's treated semen!

So I'm not saying, "third times the charm." I said that on the 3rd round of Clomid, and then it ended up being my least responsive dose. I'm going with the fact that this cycle is beginning on my amazing little sister's 26th birthday. That's the lucky sign I need.

Now bring on the ass-kicking cramps and the Clomid night sweats! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment