Monday, October 27, 2014

Life is good.

You know those streaks in life when everything is pretty perfect? We're in one, and I'm loving it. 

And you know how you have times in life you wish you could go back and relive? I already know this will be one of those. Why can't we have a freeze button and just stop time right now? 

We've been having a lot of great weekends but the weekdays aren't shabby either, and I just want life to always be just like this.

I guess I'd been feeling like life was pretty wonderful but today is my parents' 30th wedding anniversary and that got me thinking. I thought, "30 years ago my parents were in their early 20's just starting married life. I wonder if they had any idea how perfect things would be 30 years later." Everyone in our family is happy and healthy. There's love, weddings, a grand baby. 

And when I write this, I'm not trying to brag or sound like an asshole but I feel the need to say this.

For literally a couple years I was always the friend with the anecdotes of annoyances or bad news. Failed fertility treatments. Surgery. I wasn't working so my life was pretty boring. Pregnancy ailments. At the end of my pregnancy, in law drama. Just blah. I kept thinking, "I can't wait to not be this person anymore." And I made it - I'm not that person anymore! :) 

I feel like I need to take a thousand pictures so I'll always get to look at that sweet, blue eyed babe smiling and laughing. I can't get enough videos of her dancing. How do I freeze this? Or even just bottle it for a not-so-great day that's bound to happen? I guess I just need to savor it and actively try not to think that the boom will be lowered soon. 

Probably some super ordinary-looking pictures but these will always capture a moment in time where everything was right in the world...











I know life is about ups and downs but I can't help but want to stay in the "up". At lunch with a girlfriend a couple weekends ago I got a fortune cookie that said a lifetime of happiness lies ahead.

I guess a Seinfeld quote says it best. I just need to look to the cookie.









No comments:

Post a Comment