Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Weekday life.


The above picture basically sums up my life. These two crack me up and tire me out simultaneously. I'm their wrangler, their referee and their entertainment. Can someone tell me what they are always talking to each other about? Hartley is babbling "dadadadadaaaaahhhhhh dadadadadaaaaahhhhhh". Winnie is like, "roger. I totes agree." 

When Hartley isn't pulling Winnie's tail or grabbing her paws or lunging at her, she's pulling books out of one of her 50 thousand book boxes. She'll pull out like 10 before she hands me one to read. It is such an understatement to say she loves books. I'd say we read about a dozen books a day but we could probably triple that, and she'd be cool with it.

Oh and the fall one she's holding is one of those bright baby touch and feel books. She's in love with touch and feel books right now. 


Her top reading request is Corduroy though.


When it's nice we love to go for walks. The most popular walk is around Lake Newport but recently I take her for a lot of walks in "future neighborhood". Brian and I call it "future neighborhood" because we like to pick out our future dream house. 


Since its been rainy, and we have to kill time inside, she takes a really long, leisurely afternoon bath. I just bought her new bath toys, including alphabet letters. 


After her baths she has naked time. It's cute but that's a picture that doesn't need to be on here ;) it's for lucky mom eyes only. Getting a diaper on that tush is a struggle all day, every day. That production takes singing and funny faces and brut strength. After some lavender lotion she might zonk out and pop up her tush like this:


And I'll try to recover some energy for when she's ready to go again:


So those are a few bits of how our days go.

Eat. Crawl. Climb. Bounce. Read. Bottle. Cat nap. Play. Crawl. Climb. Errands. Walk. Eat. Bath. Naked time. Bottle. Real nap. Play. Read. Stroll. Bounce. Eat. Dad's home! Play. Bottle. Bed.

Shuffle in play dates, park visits, target runs, lots of laundry and my parents bringing over dinner and those are our weekdays. 

Now if only I could get her to add snuggle to that list ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment