Monday, October 13, 2014

a fall weekend

So it was a wonderful weekend that went too fast. I swear those sick days dragged on but our weekend of fall fun was just a blink. What's up with that?

Friday night was our typical Friday: 2 very exhausted parents, 1 wild dog child and 1 wild human child. So it was low key, and we just sat around entertained by all of Hartley's "tricks". Which consisted of crawling, "reading", and trying to pull up on things but falling. 

Saturday was pretty low key too. Brian took Hartley for their morning jog while I logged some extra beauty sleep I needed. When I put Hartley down for her morning nap, Brian dropped Winnie off at the groomer. When Hartley woke we did a Target run, and picked up big sis Winnie on the way home.



In the evening, Brian and I went to see Gone Girl. My dad baby sat Hartley, which was really sweet of him. The movie was great; I highly recommend it. We saw it at the Alamo in Ashburn, and that is the best movie going experience out there. But it will spoil you rotten, and you'll go to regular theaters disappointed that they don't bring you booze and fried pickles.

Sunday was pumpkin patch day. We went to Pumpkin Village, formerly known as Pumpkinville. I love that place so much because its actually a petting zoo that they basically convert to a whole big fall extravaganza. This year I decided we would pass on the contact zone, where you literally pet these farm animals that roam free. There's always next year for that. But Hartley got to see a ton of the animals we read about in our books. 

Picture overload as I documented a very special first pumpkin patch/petting zoo visit:













We took home a couple little pumpkins, and the little adventure was a big success.


That night we went out to dinner with some new friends. They have an adorable baby boy just a little more than a month older than Hartley. The cutest moment of the night was when the two of them listened to the server ramble off the specials. You had to be there for it. But a couple came up to us and told us how adorable they were just listening to the waiter. Not only was there all that cuteness but I had a delicious pumpkin beer in a glass rimmed in fall goodness. 


And girlfriend seriously knows how to put together a date night outfit by the way:



All in all, a wonderful weekend that I basically wish I rewind back to. Because let's face it, rainy Mondays don't hold a candle to petting farm animals and drinking pumpkin beer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment