Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hartley's first Halloween



Hartley's first Halloween was a festive success. 

We spent all of October dressing her in festive outfits and reading her Halloween books. I recorded a Halloween cartoon movie I let her watch: Spookley the Square Pumpkin. Of course she loved the songs. 

The day of Halloween she had a play date at her buddy Kyle's house. We dressed them in their costumes and they were the most adorable mouse and Cat in the Hat you've ever seen. 

I realized at the last minute that I did want to dress up. I went to Target had of course it was totally empty in the costume aisle. I found a headband with cat ears in the girls' section and I bought a tube of liquid eyeliner. Voila! A cat! 

Next year I'll do better and do the coordinated family costume but this year I bought H's costume back in September and then couldn't coordinate around a mouse. 

We sat out front and handed out candy as a family. I kind of wish we could do the same thing next year but I know toddler Hartley would probably be happier trick or treating. Baby Hartley just likes to sit in the grass and play with leaves so we went with it.

It was a wonderful Halloween and a wonderful "just the 3 of us" weekend. 

Guess it's time to think about turkeys and Christmas trees now :)







No comments:

Post a Comment