Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Brian's 30th birthday!

Even though I just blogged about Hartley at 9 months, things keep happening around here, and I definitely need to catch up with entries.

I guess I'll go in chronological order and write an entry about B's birthday weekend.

Friday, H and I had a great day with our friends Leslie and Kyle. We went to the town center. It was pretty chilly but nice to squeeze in a town center trip as it'll soon get too cold to go for a while. I picked up cupcakes for Brian's birthday. We are huge Red Velvet cupcakery fans so I thought it'd be a nice birthday surprise.


Brian left work on the earlier side. I made one of Brian's favorite (and easy) dishes: chicken dijon. It's on the lighter side so eating cupcakes for dessert didn't seem so bad ;)


We hung out as a family, and after H went to bed, we watched Let's Be Cops. It's not exactly an award-winning movie but it's pretty entertaining if you like New Girl, which we love. 

Saturday I hurried to get stuff done around the house before my parents came over in the early afternoon. My dad came over, and then Brian and I headed out to Hillsborough Vineyards, the winery where we got married. I absolutely love that winery. If you've never been, it's totally worth a visit: gorgeous views and delicious wines. It was cold so we sat inside, and they had a fire in the fireplace. The inside of the winery has a very quaint, rustic feel and all the windows nicely showcased all the fall foliage. It was so serene and cozy. It always make me nostalgic for our wedding whenever we go there. 


They close at 5 so then we moved on to our next stop, Lightfoot Restaurant. We're normally casual food people so it was a nice treat to go somewhere a little fancier. The food was delicious, and it was so relaxing to eat leisurely without worrying about keeping an infant content.

The next stop was Lansdowne Resort. That stop included complimentary champagne at check in, a trip to the indoor pool, and a night out at their bar. And best of all, the sound sleep of two people sleeping without a baby in the next room! We had a lovely breakfast in bed before we headed out in the morning. Brian had said he didn't want a birthday party, so I felt like this was a great alternative way to ring in 30, and we both had an awesome time.



My parents did a little switch and my mom was the one who was there when we got home in the morning. Hartley had a blast with her grandparents and got a great report card. 


Brian, Hartley, and I went for a family walk before we parted ways. I went to help a neighbor while Brian and Hartley went to his parents' house. They had sandwiches and cake, and Brian got to open his presents. They had a nice time together, and I heard Hartley was a ham. No surprise there! 

When they got home, Hartley went down for a nap. As soon as she woke we headed to my parents' for dinner. It was my parents, my brother, his fiancĂ©e, Brian, Hartley and I. Brian's dinner request was my mom's enchiladas, which were delicious. She always makes a chocolate peanut butter cake for his birthday dessert. She does it because Brian loves Reese's but it definitely benefits me, too! Then Hartley showed off for everyone until it was time to head home for bedtime. 

By Sunday night we were pretty exhausted but we both really enjoyed his special weekend. 

Now Brian and I are in different decades, and we all know I'm not leaving the 20's anytime soon. I love my sweet, handsome older man!

Oh, and how awesome are my parents? This was their second time babysitting Miss H overnight. Seriously, total champs. And I might be counting down the minutes until my dad comes over today to baby sit Hartley. I'm so lucky to have them - and so is Hartley. 


No comments:

Post a Comment