Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Weight watchers.


I debated whether or not to put this on the blog. Even though I don't know exactly who reads this, it'd still be embarrassing to declare I'm doing a diet and then fail miserably. But that's also the reason I decided to go ahead and put it on the blog: accountability. 

I don't like diets. I think they are designed for failure. I say this as a person who has yo yo dieted for a decade. I say this as a person who's closet has a range of clothes from a size 2 to a size 12. You drop pounds, then you stray from your diet and you usually end up worse off than you started. This up and down reeks havoc on your metabolism AND your organs. Yeah, I majored in health and fitness for a hot second in college. The same is true for exercise binges. I used to work out 1.5 to 2 hours a day in college. I was much slimmer but when I joined the real world I learned I didn't have that time to spend at the gym - or, quite frankly, the desire. And now with a family, I'd rather have them get my spare time - we just need to be active together. 

But I feel too far gone for "lifestyle changes", and I needed a "diet" I felt would be as true to a maintainable lifestyle as possible. So I choose weight watchers. It doesn't hurt that my girl crush, Jessica Simpson, is their new spokesperson. Say what you will about her but I love her. She's my height, and I'm going to flatter myself but we have the same body frame, curves! Yep, I'm a sucker for weight watchers marketing, even if it is an illusion. 

Today is day 3. I'm celebrating each day as a victory. Wahoo on a great first two days! 

Today is off to a good start. My breakfast is pictured above. South Beach quiche cups, thinly sliced low sodium turkey bacon and a banana. 4 points. 

I'm debating how exactly I'll feature this on the blog. Hopefully it will be successes and not failures! But wish me luck as I start the mission to be a healthier, happier me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment