Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mom TV & the Holidays

So normally when I think of "mom TV" I think of the Today Show and Ellen. I'm not hating on either of these; in fact, I do love me some Today Show and some awesome Ellen dancing.

But my mom shows are a little more literal: Dance Moms and Pretty Wicked Moms. I don't even know moms who watch these shows, other than my aunt who introduced me to Dance Moms. I shouldn't even admit it but those seem like really fun moms. Moms who can have a glass or two of wine at a play date and can leave their kids with their husbands for girls' nights seem like my speed. While I never wish time away, there's a part of me that thinks it'll be fun when baby crane hits the 2 or 3 year old mark because it'll be easier to cut the strings and leave him or her with a non-family member babysitter. Yay for lots of winery dates, grown up double dates and girls nights, circa 2016!

Speaking of wishing time away, Pretty Wicked Moms was a holiday episode last night. Holy Christmas, Batman! I am so excited for fall and winter.

It's our last holiday season as a family of 2 humans and a puppy. This will be the 5th one we rock as a married couple and puppy parents. As excited as I am to add our next member, I want to make sure I treasure this Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know if it'll be easy to host the holiday parties we usually host after the baby, and yes, I have already thought about that.  And it will be the last holiday of romantic couple magic. Next year will be magical as well but family magical.

I have already thought about baby Crane's first Christmas. In fact, last Christmas I browsed outfits and photo ideas. Brian and I already asked his mom if we could have their copy of "A Night Before Christmas" so the baby can have the copy we grew up with. I know my mom won't part with hers. Just in case Bunty can't find hers, I've already tracked down the book on Amazon.

And even in my getting ahead of myself, I'm getting even more ahead of myself. Good lord, baby Crane's first Halloween. Coordinating puppy and baby costumes are my goal. And I seriously can not wait until I deem my little crane old enough to eat some candy corn and watch Hocus Pocus. No pumpkin beer this year for mama though. I'll probably be doing some pump and dump next October because I'll have some catching up to do.

Oh baby Crane, you have no idea the life that is in store for you. You will be one holiday decorated baby and child... and probably adult, too. I can't wait to make all of your holidays and birthdays super special.

I've been feeling so sick lately and in need of cheering up. I actually asked my mom to come over and bake cookies with me. She's a champion Christmas cookie baker... I mean, hands down my mom's cookies will kick your mom's cookies ass any day of the week. I hope my kiddo thinks I'm a champion with my holiday style. Guess I should learn how to make some badass snowball and wreath cookies before the little one arrives... add that to my big long list of things to do...

And by the way, look at me just blogging up a storm! And even if this one is just an excuse to day dream about holidays, I'm doing it. Tomorrow I have my NT scan. Fingers crossed for good findings. Both of my parents are coming to see the baby. Will update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment