Saturday, July 27, 2013

12ish Weeks.

So according to the doctors I am 12 weeks, 2 days. I don't know why I think I'm a little behind that but I do. Maybe it's just my usual denial.

I totally need to find a cute survey format and will post a 12 week version of said format this weekend. Brian is also all about my finally taking a bump pic so I'll (hopefully) do that too.

Today's goal is for me to crawl out of my hole aka my bedroom and live a day almost like I did before I was pregnant. Brian and I are hosting dinner for 6 of our friends, and this means I will have to face the dreaded smells of my kitchen. My kitchen is relatively clean, and I did a deep clean of it a couple weeks ago so it really should not smell. However, before I was pregnant I could smell whatever I had cooked in my kitchen for weeks. Granite is actually a little porous and my sense of smell is so good I can smell what people cooked last if they have granite countertops. Now that I'm pregnant, any time I walk in to my kitchen, I throw up in to the sink.

I'm going to try to find a natural, lemon-scented counter cleaner (specifically looking for the Mrs.Meyer's brand) to use on my countertops and perhaps a lemon scented candle. A friend of mine told me the scent of lemon is supposed to help morning sickness. And at this point, I am desperate and would love to be able to walk freely in to my kitchen.

My morning sickness holds very strong. I thought I had gained a pound but in weighing myself today I lost my sole pregnancy pound I had gained. I'm happy in these 12 weeks that I have not lost weight due to the morning sickness. My doctor's goal for me was not to lose weight during this time, and it's definitely the first time in my life where I feel like I have to work not to lose weight.

The constant sickness seems to make my exhaustion worse, and it's been hard to leave bed most of the time. Yesterday I was kind of depressed about it so Brian did an amazing husband thing.

My husband who is not at all a fan of shopping/buying things, actually wanted us to do a little online retail therapy from the comfort of our bed. He bought the crib I have been eyeing for forever (gender neutral) and some cloth diapers. He let me mull over the cloth diaper colors like the insane person I am. My kid is just going to poop in it but lord knows it has to be a cute cantaloupe or a sweet mint color. I even got a kelly green for a good St.Patrick's Day dipe. This actually worked in cheering me up. Amazing how buying baby things can ease an upset stomach.

Then I settled into my snoogle and have been in bed ever since! Well, this blog was an excuse to stay in bed but now that's over with, and I need to get my butt up and do stuff.

Once things get delivered I'll update with pictures of my purchases, and my goal is to find a survey I like so I can tell people things they probably don't care to know :)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment