Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Letter to my Baby


Baby Crane,

Some day, when you're old enough to understand, I'm going to explain to you how you were made. I'll tell you how you are so special because people prayed for you before you existed. They crossed their fingers, and they helped support your mom and dad in bringing you in to this world.

I knew you earlier than most mothers get to know their children. I knew you when you were 1 of 32 eggs, 1 of 17 fertilized eggs, and lastly, 1 of 8 little embryos. I knew in my heart you would be in that group of 8. For your first 5 days of existence, you grew in a lab, miles and miles away from me. And I desperately wished you were inside of me so I could keep safe.

On May 24, 2013, I got my very first picture of you. You were a beautiful little collection of cells. The embryologist picked you because you looked the healthiest and the strongest. I got to see you well before most mothers see their baby for the first time.

Then I saw you when you were 6 weeks, 7 weeks, 10 weeks and now, today, at 12 weeks.

You have grown by leaps and bounds.

You have little hands and little feet. You apparently love to pose in a thinkers pose. And even though I don't feel you move yet, I've seen you dance like a crazy person in there.

Today your grandma and grandpa got to see you move and shake in real time for the first time. And let me tell ya, I have a feeling you'll be one spoiled little grand baby.

The thing I hoped most for you in the world was to be healthy. And today, from our little appointment, it sounds like you will be.

You have been making mama feel nice and sick. It doesn't surprise me. You had to come on your own time, in your own special way. And I have a feeling you're just making your sassy little presence known.

Your dad and I continue to love you very much.

Keep growing. And growing. And feeling all the love so many have for you.

Love,

Your landlord and Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment