Wednesday, May 1, 2013

32 eggs = 17 fertilized eggs.

Ah-mazing.

So of the 32 eggs retrieved, 17 were fertilized. That is a good ratio. The average is about 50% of retrieved eggs will fertilize. Way to go, Brian's swimmers!

On average 50% of fertilized eggs will grow to the blastocyst/embryo stage.

So we're realistically expecting 8 embryos, which would be great. Our more lofty goal would be 9 or 10 embryos.

We'll find out on Sunday how many embabies (oh, fertility lingo) we got, and then the teeny cranelings will enter freezerville until transfer time.

My body seems to be recovering fairly well. I get winded easily and twisting and bending make me remember my ovaries are pissed off. But I'm not in pain and my bloated belly is getting a little smaller.

I'm VERY emotional. Way more emotional than I thought I'd be.

I feel very selfish saying this but there's a small part of me that's sad that my baby is starting to grow in a petri dish instead of inside of me. I cringe even typing that because I am insanely grateful for how well things are going.

It's absolutely incredible that my baby is growing over in Arlington, and I want it to be closer. It's an odd innate instinct to want to be the one keeping my baby safe. I know he or she is in great hands; they're probably doing more for baby crane than my body could on it's own.

Baby crane, I know you're one of the 17. Keep growing... and growing. Won't be long before you're safe and sound in casa de mama :)


No comments:

Post a Comment