Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Waiting to Transfer

I have a nice little break from doctor's appointments. I went last Sunday and don't have to go again until this upcoming Sunday. 6 days of no doctor's appointments is sweet!

I found out on Monday that we have 8 little embryos just hanging out in the freezer. One of those sweeties is going to be transferred in several weeks. We know the exact date of the transfer but have decided to keep it quiet.

I didn't want people to ask me whether or not I'm pregnant the day I find out. Or ask me throughout the waiting period if I'm excited or anxious or give me a countdown.

I actually want to get my positive test result and just hold my husband. And enjoy our secret for a day or two. We'll have one little moment of the creation of our baby that was just ours.

Brian and I are both positive this is the cycle.

I seriously almost bought the boon grass drying rack at Target the other day. I'm terrified they'll stop making it by the time I'm stocking up on baby goods! I have the same feelings towards the Baby Gap Peter Rabbit collection. I am on a total bunny kick. Nursery will most likely be neutral colors with a bunny rabbit theme - found the cutest gender neutral bunny bedding at Pottery Barn Kids. Since it works for a boy or girl we could reuse it for future baby cranes to come.

Yeah, I'm obviously pretty positive this is the cycle.

And good Lord, it'll take every ounce of me not to buy all things baby before my shower. I've got the itch to buy this kiddo some seriously awesome baby stuff.

I've got to watch that. I've read women who undergo infertility treatment have the tendency to spoil their kids because they view them as these huge gifts. But you really can't spoil a baby so I think my fabulous nursery and baby wardrobe are okay.

Until we get the yes or no in mid June, I'm going to daydream of all these fun parts of pregnancy and having a little babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment